Can't wait for it thank you 

i noticed lines from 36:08 are missing? could you please add those ^^

yilongcat:

I am still improving the script that pulls the lines, sometimes short lines don't get in. In the following EPs this should get better. I try to add them all manually for now. I think there is "only" one missing? "又没人" or even more? I try cleaning it up better. I have to see if I can still add lines now but I think it's to difficult now that I have already put it up on google sheets. (I have to edit the file before it gets up on sheets)

blingelingeling:
Hey you can count me in

Amaaaazin! I put you on the list, I am uploading the 2nd EP to be translated rn woop

yilongcat:

I've just seen the comments you left in the google sheet... hmm I try and see if I can adjust the script in a way that we can edit the Chinese lines (and timing!) in the sheet as well (and not only Eng). It takes a bit more time. I hope you can be ok with the lacking quality, it should improve around EP04 (a bit complicated to explain why but I am hopeful that the script will be better by then) Thank you for your corrections, you're really improving the quality of the subs by a lot :3

Hi,

When English Subtitles are published, please let me know!

Thank you!

Shout out to @Chansie @yilongcat  @Shelly1323 @blingelingeling <33
EP02 raws are up on the sheet (and the subs for EP01 are done as well)

Hi! I'd like help out (translate, proofread). I have one more midterm to go so I'll be on it as soon as that's out of the way. Great that you found a way to add the subs to the vids! Awesome work guys.

The official channel put the first four episodes subbed on youtube 

thank you guys so much for your hard work 

stand by for the channel to stop subbing it 

Shout out to you awesome pepz @Chansie , @yilongcat , @Shelly1323 , @blingelingeling , @zhijun 
EP05 is up in the sheet and ready to be subbed, EP06 is following soon.

I know MangoTV has added subtitles for 1-4 so we continue with 5. Who knows how long we will have to wait till the next batch of subs shows up so I just want to continue with this :3 I am having a lot of fun and doing this with you guys has been great! <333

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I have now learned how to do the hardsubs and clean up pretty quickly, we could be subbing 2Eps a day at this rate and you guys have been so quick on the document with the first EP, we could easy finish subbing this drama before MangoTV is done. I hope you wouldn't get discouraged, this has been such great work so far<3

Thank you all!

Keep going?

Jen:

Shout out to you awesome pepz @Chansie , @yilongcat , @Shelly1323 , @blingelingeling , @zhijun 
EP05 is up in the sheet and ready to be subbed, EP06 is following soon.

I know MangoTV has added subtitles for 1-4 so we continue with 5. Who knows how long we will have to wait till the next batch of subs shows up so I just want to continue with this :3 I am having a lot of fun and doing this with you guys has been great! <333

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I have now learned how to do the hardsubs and clean up pretty quickly, we could be subbing 2Eps a day at this rate and you guys have been so quick on the document with the first EP, we could easy finish subbing this drama before MangoTV is done. I hope you wouldn't get discouraged, this has been such great work so far<3

Thank you so much for your hard work and I hope you could really sub the whole drama before Mango 

also if you can find the source video because the videos on the youtube channel lack sound in some scenes I don't know why ,, the sound is there on dramacool website 

Vocab list for consistency -- if anyone has suggestions/corrections, pls lemme know!

金马堂 - Golden Horse Hall. 堂 refers to lofty places/buildings, typically for bureaucratic purposes, or is included in names of traditional Chinese medicine brands/firms/storefronts. In our context, it would refer to the secret crime syndicate that's dealing in opium.

念春阁 - Niang Brothel. 阁 is pavilion, and 春楼 is euphemism for brothel/whorehouse. 念 is to reminisce or pine for (sth/sb).

景城 - Jing. The Jing canton of present-day Heibei province.

烟楼 - Tobacco barn (western term). I'm thinking it's the place where tobacco is manufactured or stocked. Depending on context, could also mean opium den?

烟馆 - Opium den.

小白 - Xiao Bai, if we just transliterate it. 小 is diminutive suffix, but since it's a cat we can just have it as a whole name. 

三爷 - Master San. The mysterious boss behind the syndicate. 爷 — master, lord, sir. Could also be title referring to his position as third in the clan/syndicate.

科长 - Chief. Division/section/branch chief.

司长 - Bureau Chief. Not too familiar with the administration levels -- will have to do more research.

zhijun:
Vocab list for consistency

I am LOVING this! I am adding a new sheet right now where ppl will be able to look those words up and make edits/corrections <3

I just throw it in there real quick, I have literally 0 time rn (preparing EP07) but you can go and edit it to your liking!