So, I've just completed the first season and I think it was just crazy fabulous! Just the right mixture of cheesy jokes and touching romance. Needles to say, I've always liked apples, but now I like them even more of course :D
Moniisek wrote: So, I've just completed the first season and I think it was just crazy fabulous! Just the right mixture of cheesy jokes and touching romance. Needles to say, I've always liked apples, but now I like them even more of course :D

The second season is just as awesome! Plus, Ikuta Toma has a guest role in it.
I am going to check it out soon :-)
Moniisek wrote: I am going to check it out soon :-)

Sweet! Let me know what you think.

On a side note, I should really watch the movie lol I still haven't gotten around to that.
And which one do you mean? The first HYD theme I've seen was the 1995 movie version which is like super lighthearted and it feels like a completely different story, however, the girl who plays Makino is just gorgeous! I watched it just to see how the 90s looked like in Japan and I thought "hey, what a cute story, let's give the drama a try"...and here I am :D
Sleepninja wrote: hahaha She might not visit this thread since it has her banned actor in it sooooooo Kim Bum is hotter than Shota! :p

And to armor up!

Waaah!! Thanks for this! For me it was love at first sight!
Well, Doumyouji and Makino make a cute couple, but I still think Hanazawa Rui was the best catch!
i don't know why but i felt like rewatching this drama so right now i'm on epi 7. this is my 3rd time rewatching and maybe the 1st time i was slightly moved by domioji. "slight" i kinda see a sweetness in him that i did not see in the 2 previous viewings. lol. i'm still team rui just because i would never forgive a guy who did such horrible things if i was makino. i don't care how cute, tortured, lonely or kind he is deep down. for 2.5 epis he did not show her kindness and even after that he kept yelling at her like an idiot. and the way he treated the other girls wasn't very respectable either. so yep i will always be team rui and as if i need to add that he's hot!
boutux wrote: i don't know why but i felt like rewatching this drama so right now i'm on epi 7. this is my 3rd time rewatching and maybe the 1st time i was slightly moved by domioji. "slight" i kinda see a sweetness in him that i did not see in the 2 previous viewings. lol. i'm still team rui just because i would never forgive a guy who did such horrible things if i was makino. i don't care how cute, tortured, lonely or kind he is deep down. for 2.5 epis he did not show her kindness and even after that he kept yelling at her like an idiot. and the way he treated the other girls wasn't very respectable either. so yep i will always be team rui and as if i need to add that he's hot!

I've seen it twice. :D It's definitely re-watchable. Hanazawa Rui ♥
LOL...
I just knew it has a movie version in 1995!
starring Fujiki Naohito (bucchou in hotaru no hikari) as Hanazawa Rui

Uchida Yuki (the gangster's wife in don quixote) as Makino Tsukushi

and...
Tanihara Shosuke (kikurin in love shuffle) as Tsukasa Doumyouji

LOL...this is the last part of the movie

if i didn't know it was kikurin, i wouldn't recognize him!!LOL
I have seen this movie and it is kinda...hum...well...weird.And I found it bad and the acting isn't really good.
Ahaha, I bet! XD I still haven't seen the movie (even if I want to) but the actors of the old one kinda look like the parents of the new ones!
soracantabile wrote: LOL...
I just knew it has a movie version in 1995!
starring Fujiki Naohito (bucchou in hotaru no hikari) as Hanazawa Rui

and...
Tanihara Shosuke (kikurin in love shuffle) as Tsukasa Doumyouji

LOL...this is the last part of the movie

if i didn't know it was kikurin, i wouldn't recognize him!!LOL

Gahahaha just watched this a few days ago :D
The beginning was quite good and refreshing but I didn´t like the ending^^
Hana Yori Dango is my favorite manga, after I finished the manga I watched the anime and then I stumbled across the drama. So I might be a little bias cause Hana Yori Dango was my first drama. But in all fairness I have seen BBF and I started Meteor Garden (haven't finished cause well you can only watch the same story for so long before you need a break) I haven't decided if I want to watch let's go watch a meteor shower cause well that might be a little over kill for me. Now that being said as much as I LOVED Hana Yori Dango I can still see why people like the other versions more. But for me BBF and I had a love/hate relationship. Mostly because of the character Jan Di who was in no way as loveable as Makino, for me anyway. Her character was whiny and pathetic and came off as a little bit of B*tch. But I did love the performance of the F4 in BBF. But the kiss scenes were BAD! Now Meteor Garden I happen to like for it's simpleness. I like the sweet moments between the main couple. For this verison I was less of a Rui shipper then I was in BBF. Over all my favorite is Hana Yori Dango because nobody can play the main couple as well as Mao and Jun. However, each version is great in its own right and I raise my hat off to people who can actually stand Jan Di as a character.
I follow this AWESOME blog on Tumblr about HanaDan, and it made me REALLY want to rewatch HYD. This was my first drama ever, so it will be really fun to watch this again :D