this drama is an amazing portrayal of selfishness. everyone is selfish, and that is the way of life. masaki selfish keigo selfish mom selfish etc. and how human human interaction is only painful and a bother to others around anyway, i used to be a fan of fukada kyoko, but being portrayed in a negative role in this drama has made me change my mind. life in the end is all about being selfish. self preservation.
but admittedly i really really hate the mom. the most hypocritical selfish person on earth. cheating on her husband for a long time. then trying to stay together with her husband just for her own desire to be there for her daughter. then continuing to cheat. even in front of her house. this sort of woman deserve to be hung. or jailed at the minimum. isnt adultery punishable by law?
episode 11 stellar representation of the selfishness of individuals... really love it. it shows that in a world without rules and laws and when people are driven to the brink of death they will do anything they can to achieve happiness. such is the world.
kinda nice how some hospitals allow dads to be with moms during delivery. but most importantly. still love the strong overarching theme of being selfish to the very end despite inconveniencing everyone. it is a very raw true demonstration of human mentality also now that i look back, definitely also shows how random love is. some random high school girl with AIDS and a depressed composer.
ended up scoring it a 7. character too dislikable. and felt the sudden death most likely 2/2 cardiac issues was unnecesary and unrealistic.