blognex bn:

BTW, what's written in Wikipedia is not exactly perception in Korea. Although King Cheoljong did not achieved any greatness, he was trying to help suffering people as much as he could with help of his Queen. Of course Kim clan was disturbing a lot, so he wasn't winning much. Yet, they both tried whatever could. Also Queen died after King, they had a son who lived for 6 months. Let's see how much drama will take and what they will write as fantasy. 

I watched the YouTube video listed in the comment section and loved it.  I'm so glad the generalized depiction of his character in the drama is somewhat true to life:  he definitely tried to help the people with their struggles and hardships and overcome a corruptive system.  I am very grateful to "Mr. Queen" for multiple reasons, but especially so for shining a spotlight on this part of history.   

Personally I haven't seen that many kdramas with tragic endings. Most of the sad endings are more hopeful and less tragic (like in Scarlet heart). So I'm kinda optimistic about this one.

Initially I thought that after the king fell in love with the queen and every thing was all sunshine and rainbows, the chef and the actual Queen's soul will switch again and Bong Hwan will wake up and find out that the history changed a little about King Cheoljong as well as his own reality (because he took down Chief Han's family in the past) and is now clear of all charges. This hypothesis went down the drain after episode 13 where the Queen's soul was seen floating in the river with the implication being that she didn't swap with the chef and instead actually died (because of which Bong hwan is in a coma coz his body doesn't have a soul). 

Which brought me to my second hypothesis i.e. a Scarlet heart ending. You know when IU's character dies in the past she returns to herself in the present. So I thought that the king and the queen will get together and be happy and live a full life and when the queen dies later, her/his soul will return back to the present. The only problem with this theory is that when the queen fell into a vegetative state and the chef returned to his own body in the future, it was shown that the amount of time he spent in the queen's body, the same amount of time he's been in the coma. So if the chef's character has to wake up and live his life then the queen will have to die early which means a tragic ending atleast for the king and the queen of the past. I'm guessing this is what will happen and that chef Bong hwan will meet the king's reincarnation in the present and either become friends or be involved with him (he can also have a romantic storyline with any of the other female character's reincarnations).  I'll personally vote for a bl ending.

I'm also curious about the route of the ending on this one as the original had two endings and neither was happy,at most bittersweet but not happy.I'm expecting also here a bittersweet one as what happenes with most time travelling stories...If they end it with the present timeline it will be just bitter no matter what as reincarnation for me isin't anything happy and the person isin't the one we loved,in this case Bong Hwan would be the only one remembering and loving someone who in the present won't exist no matter how much a copy will the other be something unfair for both parts as he wouldn't like the present person but the image of his dear one.

Now Korea is conservative and the feat that we could even see that much is a gret step but have my doubts they would show us a possible gay ending.

The final episode airs on Valentine's Day.  I'm holding out hope that this is a sign of a happy ending!

As cdramas had bittersweet endings, the novel was pretty clear on this one. The more eps we see, the more I see it closer to the novel. Aside from the baby part, which I'm not sure will happen here. 

Pleaaase a happy ending , I don't want another scarlet heart ryeo

After ep 16 I have a hunch it will end up similarly to the Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

martar:

After ep 16 I have a hunch it will end up similarly to the Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Oh my gosh!  It took me weeks to get over that ending and I wasn't near as attached to those characters as I am in this drama.  If it truly ends that way, there's not enough alcohol and chocolate to calm me.

Curious if they will end it with the old fashioned boring starring at each other in the present time at the hospital.

I'm have faith in the screenwriter that has supplied me with 16 episodes of pure entertainment.  I'm one of those people that doesn't care if it ends on a happy note or sad one, just so long as it makes sense to the story.  I agree with you about the present time "stare" ending.  That would just plain suck.

Happy ending comes story.

Tragic ending comes legend.

I love both ending. 

im rooting for a happy ending so we have season 2  

Go princess Go actually had an alternate ending, where we see the male version of her waking up and meeting up with the king's modern version. Anyone here read the book ending if yes please spoil?