So I have a little problem.It's already 10 december and I realised I haven't watched none of the soooo popular and loved dramas that this year had....and I'm facing a problem on choosing one as well.The ones that I heard about and other people bragging about them everywhere are: 1. Queen In Hyun's Man 2. Faith 3. Rooftop Prince 4. Rich Man, Poor Woman 5. Reply 1997 6. Time Slip Dr. Jin 7. A Gentleman's Dignity 8. Arang and the Magistrate 9. The Moon that Embraces the Sun 10. Ghost 11. Salaryman 12. The Bridal Mask I'm really ashamed to admit that I haven't seen any of these....I don't know what I've been doing all this time but all of a sudden I realised that everyone talked about them and I didn't ave the slightest idea regarding them... So I would really appreciate if you could help me choose one of them...just say which one was your favorite please. Thankssss!!!!!!!!!!
Besides number 6 and 9, all are great dramas. I say close your eyes and pick one. You won't be disappointed.
My 4 fav on your list are Queen In-Hyun's Man, Rooftop Prince, Bridal Mask and Reply 1997 But I highly recommend you to watch Bridal Mask first :D
go with Queen In Hyun's Man Rich Man Poor Woman is also good and short. I think you have time to finish both before the end of the year :)
I personally loved Reply 1997 out of all of these. It's a sweet high schoolish rom-com about growing up in Korea during 1997, the start of the Kpop craze. It's hilarious, sweet, and very romantic. However, I'm currently watching Gaksital and I'm loving it. But it's not a light and fluffy romantic drama. It has a City Hunter sort of feel to it. And I have heard that Queen In Hyun's Man was the best romance drama of this year. The main couple in the drama are a couple in real life, which really helps the chemistry I heard. Though I haven't watched it yet, I'm planning on watching it during my winter break. Other ones on your lists that I've watched and liked are: A Gentleman's Dignity - it's a mature rom-com about men in their 40s. Who knew ajusshis could be so hot. Rich Man, Poor Woman - it's only 11 episodes averaging about 45 minutes each. It's a sweet drama. Plus Oguri Shun is pretty fine. Other comments: Faith - I started watching it, but the pacing was so slow. I mean I love Lee Min Ho, but I hate slow moving plots. Arang - Same thing, the plot moved a bit too slow for me, and I didn't feel the romance as much as many others did, so I stopped watching, but I may actually pick this drama back up again, because I really like the premise. Moon That Embraces The Sun - I read the recaps on Dramabeans.com and I did start to watch it, especially because Kim Soo Hyun is one of my favorite actors. But the plot was so predictable and circular. There was nothing more to it than the King trying to get back his first love. Time Slip - Didn't even bother watching it because of all the poor reviews. The ones that I haven't mentioned, I do want to watch them, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Though I haven't heard a lot about Ghost. Hope this helps!
Queen In Hyun's Man Arang & the Magistrate Reply 1997 Salaryman Those are my favorites from your list.
My favorites this year were A Gentleman's Dignity, Queen In Hyun's Man, and Reply 1997.
you need to watch The Bridal Mask if nothing else, but most of the other are also very good. also Queen In Hyun's Man is amazing too. I feel like its so different from the typical drama of 'rich mean boy meets poor nice girl' its nothing about money or status or any of the typical korean dramaness. its simply amazing.
We have the same situation.. But mine is because it's my own rules.. But I watch an episode of A Gentleman's Dignity on TV and I was really tempted to watch.. I break my own rules and I Love AGD:)
I'd have to say rooftop prince. I thought that drama was reeaaallly good. Although, I haven't seen all that's on your list, so I can't say it's the best, but it's definately good. >.<
Thanks so much for helping me chose one:D...It's really annoying when I'm in a bad mood as now because if I don't set my mind on a drama I tend to drop it and later regret doing so:)).I wait for more opinions, so please feel free to post^^
Don't feel so bad ~ I haven't seen anyone of these dramas myself; however I will be watching RICH MAN, POOR WOMAN ~ Good luck :)
2. Faith-I really really liked this, I thought that at times it was slow, but overall it was really good. 3. Rooftop Prince-I dropped this one, way to much of the same ol' same ol' 6. Time Slip Dr. Jin-I started to watch this, but haven't finished and can't remember if I dropped or put on hold.. 8. Arang and the Magistrate-Lee Jun Ki enough said. 9. The Moon that Embraces the Sun-eh I dropped this I believe, not really worth watching.. 10. Ghost-Probablly one of the best and most underrated drama's this year, imo So overall I would suggest Ghost, Arang, Faith
Reply 1997 was my favorite drama of the year
just watch Bridal Mask first. the rest are good, too like Gentlemans Dignity and Queen In-hyuns Man but nothing beats Bridal Mask for me...