Has anyone mentioned My Lovely Sam Soon?

I still remember this drama for the strong and independent FL. This drama has some faults, but I never felt so close to a character as I did to Sam Soon.  Acting was awesome by Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin and so was the music.

This drama gave me more confidence in being true to myself and inspired me to start playing the piano.  

Strong and intelligent ( no romance)

✔️ Dr Qin Medical Examiner ( Da Bao)

✔️ ST: Scientific Task Force ( Midori)

✔️ Mirror of the Witch (sorceress/evil)

✔️ Full Metal Alchemist  movie ( Lust/evil)

Czakhareina:
Definitely try:

Woah what an awesome list!! I've already completed Age of Youth (1 and 2) and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, but I'm currently watching  Ode To Joy, Women of Dignity, and Avengers Social Club, (which by the way, were all so good) thanks to all the recommendations!!!

I've heard about Dear My Friends, Fantastic, Scent of a Woman, Girl K, and Ex-Girlfriend's Club before but now that you've mentioned them, I think I have more reasons to watch them next (especially the first four). As for the rest, this is the first time I've heard of Kounodori, but it sure sounds like a unique drama (added to my PTW list!). I can't seem to find Tokyo Friends on MyDramaList, on the other hand, but I'll check it out. I'm not yet sure with Woman Who Still Wants to Marry and Legendary Witch but regardless, thank you so much!! :)

Sudosaure:

- Witch's court

I'm really torn whether to watch this or not because I mostly get mixed reviews from people who've watched it. Do you mind me asking if you enjoyed Witch's Court? How do you find the drama overall? Thanks!

Angel:

Woah what an awesome list!! I've already completed Age of Youth (1 and 2) and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, but I'm currently watching  Ode To Joy, Women of Dignity, and Avengers Social Club, (which by the way, were all so good) thanks to all the recommendations!!!

I've heard about Dear My Friends, Fantastic, Scent of a Woman, Girl K, and Ex-Girlfriend's Club before but now that you've mentioned them, I think I have more reasons to watch them next (especially the first four). As for the rest, this is the first time I've heard of Kounodori, but it sure sounds like a unique drama (added to my PTW list!). I can't seem to find Tokyo Friends on MyDramaList, on the other hand, but I'll check it out. I'm not yet sure with Woman Who Still Wants to Marry and Legendary Witch but regardless, thank you so much!! :)

I am glad you enjoyed the dramas I listed, especially Ode to Joy, which is probably one of my all time ultimate girl power dramas ever. 

Kounodori totally needs to be in your watch list. It is one of the best Medical dramas I've seen. it has a 'Slice of Life'format, so each episode has different cases as we follow the main male character, but strangely one episode per case was all it took to showcase all of the journey of these women/mothers/parents. Plus there are twwo pretty interesting female characters which you will see their growth and struggles, and thwir interesting friendship with each pther and the main charactef. 

And I also wanna thank you for making this thread, was able to see some some other girl power focused dramas which I havent seen yet. I added Soratobu KouHouShitsPlan to my Plan to Watch List.

Angel:

I'm almost finished w/ Live Up To Your Name (What a fun drama, I love it)

I've been keeping my eyes on Soratobu Kouhoushitsu for a long time, soooooo I guess this is a sign for me to finally watch it :)))))

Thanks for Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi! It kind of fits my description, so I'm very curious how well it goes (Added it to my PTW list). Not yet sure with 1 Litre of Tears, on the other hand. I know it's a great motivational drama but I think I'll still need to find a perfect time and mood to prepare myself for it. Thank you for these recommendations, nonetheless!

I really liked Soratobu Kouhoushitsu and I think it was kind of an underrated drama.

You do need to be prepared to watch 1 litre of tears since you'll definitely share tears watching it, but it's a really motivational and heartwarming story. So maybe keep it in your PTW list?

Tama:

Jimi ni sugoi, she's stylish and cool

Yees I love Ishihara Satomi. Added to my PTW list, thank you!!!

AH:
Women kicking butt in areas that were / are traditionally male-dominated:

Thank you for your list! They are detailed and helpful as always :)

I'm already watching Strongest Deliveryman and I'm certainly liking the FL and the story so far. I'm thinking of watching The Princess Wei Young and Doctors next. I'm not yet sure with The Imperial Doctress and City Hunter tho or if I'm gonna continue watching Bromance. Which one of these five dramas would you recommend the most, by the way?

Angel:

Thank you for your list! They are detailed and helpful as always :)

I'm already watching Strongest Deliveryman and I'm certainly liking the FL and the story so far. I'm thinking of watching The Princess Wei Young and Doctors next. I'm not yet sure with The Imperial Doctress and City Hunter tho or if I'm gonna continue watching Bromance. Which one of these five dramas would you recommend the most, by the way?

You're welcome :)

The FL in Doctors is fairly similar to the lead in Strongest Deliveryman. I really liked the first few episodes of Doctors, but near the end it started to drag and I ended up dropping it. 

Of the dramas you mentioned my favourites in order are 1) Bromance 2) The Princess Wei Young and 3) The Imperial Doctress.

I'd suggest Bromance if you enjoy gender-benders, a female lead who can totally handle herself in a fight, and well-executed cliches (so many good cliches).

If you're up for something longer and slightly more serious with female leads who are talented and clever and male leads who would die for them, PWY and IP are both good. The romance in PWY is a bit more straightforward, which I preferred. 

Before anything else, can I just say how much I appreciate the abundance of dramas on your list? Thank you so much, really!

Naksken:
Just Between Lovers

Currently watching this, alongside with Avengers Social Club, Live Up To Your Name, and Woman of Dignity.

I've already completed some of the dramas you've mentioned, but thankfully, I still have yet to watch the rest. I have Signal, Rebel: Thief Who Stole The People, Save Me, and 38 Task Force on my High Priority PTW list, though (Can't wait to start them!). As for the others, Night Light seems to fit my description the most (I think?). I wonder why and how it has such low ratings??? Money Flower, together with Queen for Seven Days, The Guardians, and The Legend, sounds good as well except for their endings (as some people claim). Are they still worth watching?? Other than these, I'm also considering Voice, Angry Mom, Witch's Romance, Flowers For My Life, and Mary Stayed Out All Night even though they aren't as extraordinary/interesting (personally) compare to those stated above. By the way, do you have any favorites/highly recommended dramas from this list? :)

Minne8:
Currently I'm watching "Something in the Rain". It's a Noona Romance, but it's also a take on modern womanhood.

That's always a good thing!!! I'm actually planning to watch Something in the Rain, but since airing dramas kept on disappointing me this year, I've decided to just wait until it's done before finally trying it. Hopefully, it'll end well! :)

I don't why I hadn't noticed when you asked me about Witch's court, I'm sorry, I saw it today. Maybe you watched it by now?  I'll still reply (Hope I didn't make any mistakes, I'm not a native English-speaker).

I do understand why this show had given mixed feelings. Sometimes the bad guys were too bad too be true. Sometimes it felt unrealistic and white-washed. The ML wasn't too present.

Well, my memories may be vague. Why did I recommend this drama? Because : 

- All in the set feels quite new, equality between genders is considered completely normal in this drama. Many females side characters. REFRESHING !

-The FL is a really strong woman (not only for the first half of the show). Her personality is funny, sassy, and she'll do anything to reach her goal. It's really refreshing. The actress portrayed her well too. You should just watch it for this character because she's basically the drama. 

- The male lead is more on the "brain side" and discreet, not a macho man (so no grabbing by the wrist ... but not a pushover tough) which is nice to oppose the FL. 

- The romance is light and not too existing. I still liked their interactions, really funny. You can say their personalities are opposed to gender's stereotypes made in kdramas. Their characters aren't frustrating, which is, for me a strong point. They're adults, so they're not newbies when it comes to relationships.

- The cases are interesting and centred on rape and harassment (which is totally new for a kdrama)

- It's an adult drama, talking about serious things while being funny.

If you want something new, this is for you! Hope you'll give this a try!

PS : I have to add another drama with a strong female lead: Ashi girl. Funny, really cute and light-hearted!

princess agent

general and i 

the crown princess

cubic

doctor x

@Sudosaure

No, I haven't watched it yet! I think I was a bit discouraged hearing how most people pointed some shift on the FL's character?? Thanks for responding, though!! It made me reconsider checking it again. 

I personally like level headed FLs and mature relationships when it comes to the main couple. Moreover, I also study law, so I'm usually curious about dramas like this one!

I've heard about Ashi Girl! It's actually on my PTW list but thanks for bringing it up. Maybe I'll watch it next :)

@Angel

I'm glad you're reconsidering it ! Yes, they're adults behaving like adults lol. However if you're hesitant about this one, Ashi Girl isn't controversial (absolutely not the same kind of drama), and I highly recommend it.