Since few aggressive feminists have decided up on them on what's right and what's wrong & whom to throw under the bus,

I have decided to start this to understand why these feminists are getting so crazy rattled by a mere observation and discussion of Kdrama characteristics of FL and ML.

Let's start shall we ->

It is no surprise that most if not all Kdrama romance have a specific template for the FL and the ML.

The FL in most kdramas will have liked/loved/dated/shagged other men before finally settling down and marrying the ML.

The ML in most kdramas is a pure virgin who never even liked any woman except the FL. More often than not, the ML would be in love with FL since he was a child. If not, he has reasons, even though he is super handsome, rich and successful to not have dated, Trauma is a fav trope used to keep ML away from dating. 

These ML's are almost always pure virgins who do not even make eye contact with any woman. It's not like women are shown to be attracted to them. The drama shows even though women are attracted to these ML's, they never get deflowered by choice.

Only the FL is allowed to the deflower the pure virgin ML's.

Question are as below ->

1. Do modern feminists who want modern outlook on love and life where they are free to date and shag multiple men want to end up with a pure virgin conservative man?

2. Why do feminists like dramas like these where the ML is always a pure virgin? Isn't it exactly opposite to feminist beliefs?

3. Why does Kdrama keep making romance dramas with the same kind of FL's and pure virgin ML's? Do Asian women prefer dramas where they have sexual options and want to marry a pure virgin marry who only ever loved them?

4. Why do feminists get triggered when people describe whats happening in the drama and want to question why the ML is always a pure virgin?

I haven't really started it yet, so I'm just curious to know what is shown in the drama that has sparked such reactions — with women protesting against men and men protesting against women. It would be better if discussions about dramas remained limited to dramas themselves. These things shouldn't be allowed to affect real life.

First, we don't actually have any proof that he's a "pure virgin." in fact, in an episode he strongly hints that he has sexual experience. Ep 10 he doesn't appear hesitant. I would argue that he appears far, far less flustered by sexual interactions than the FLs in the majority of romance dramas.

Second, it's usually the opposite in romance genre: as a whole experienced MLs with inexperienced FLs. This is a common thing you see in Korean webnovels and manhwa as well (Operation True Love, In Between, and I Can't Get Enough of You are examples that popped into my head immediately. I can think of Kdramas with all different dynamics: inexperienced FL with experienced ML, experienced FL with experienced ML, and both inexperienced. I think in order to say that your premise is true, you would need to analyze all of the romance dramas, otherwise you're probably being impacted by the representation heuristic fallacy.

You bring up a very good point. I should also add that MLs in Korean dramas generally do not have humane thoughts, they are saintly individuals who always make the right decision.

Firstly, I want to make a disclaimer that I am not here to be on the either side of the debate. But reading the line "k-drama romances have pure virgin ML's" is such a funny statement, I just can not help asking are you guys so new into the game that you never watched pre 2020's kdramas or something? Or do you guys just choose to watch very specific types of dramas and then proceed to make a generalization of the whole genre?

Just wondering cause honestly, this could all simply be a matter of us being coddled so much by the algorithm that it's just so hard to accept that different people have different taste and opinions. Maybe, maybe we forget that we all coming here to have a good time watching drama and building a healthy community to discuss, and if we don't like something we could just, I don't know, just, leave and touch some grass maybe?

I have not watched this drama and probably won't, but I found this thread randomly, and this is quite interesting.

As a feminist and Asian woman, let me say: I cannot stand romantic K-Dramas. I always try to watch some here and there, but it's just not for me. Often, for the reasons you gave. I don't know anyone IRL who wants a "virgin", nobody even care about that, let's be real for a sec. Maybe I did like that when I was like 15 because I used to like romantic k-dramas back then.

What you seem to miss, though, is the understanding of what "feminism" is. Feminism is about equal rights and choices. What if some women want innocents guys? Are you going to say that men don't want innocent girls? What about these dramas where they always fall in love with the clumsy and pure girl or the super hot girl that everybody wants and is also, surprisingly, a virgin? It works both ways. If I like horror movies, does that means I want to kill someone IRL? I think it's time to stop the hypocrisy for a bit.

Conclusion: All women are different and want different things. Just like men. So no, it's not "against" feminism beliefs at all, there's no such thing. And it seems that female k-dramas writers love to write unrealistic guys, because guess what? It's fiction. Even though, I don't understand it. If you don't want that, I suggest you to watch dramas from basically any other country lol

This would be more appropriate to ask in the General Forum. This area is for discussing a particular drama, No Gain No Love.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion

That said, I  take him at his word when he claims to not be "inexperienced"