Fall drama season is finally here! And it looks like there will be some good dramas this season!

Twitter thread of upcoming dramas
https://twitter.com/cloverblossoms_/status/1029521744258785280

Jdrama weblog list:
https://jdramas.wordpress.com/2018/10/06/upcoming-fall-2018-dramas/

For me, Kemono ni Narenai Watashitachi is the only one I definitely 100% want to watch.
But Manpuku and Boku to Shippo to Kagurazaka are on my "maybe" list.
And even though the premise is so completely messed up and not at all my style, I might also check out Chugakusei Nikki for Arimura Kasumi 

What is everyone thinking of watching?

Yeah, definitely going to watch Kemono ni Narenai Watashitachi. It's going to be available on Sony GEM, so hopefully some kind soul would take the time to rip the episodes and share them with us.

First of all, thank you Hanna for providing the links! When I opened the Jdrama weblist, my drama hunger went through the roof.

I'd love to check out the following dramas:

Suits: have never been a fan of the original series, but just maybe this show will work because of Oda Yuji,

Endo Kenichi to Kudo Kankuro no Benkyou Sasete Itadakimasu: because Endo Kenichi is a must for me,

Tasogare Ryuuseigun: great leads and synopsis sounds interesting,

Chuzai Keiji: hoping for a feel-good comedy,

Cold Case 2: have yet to see season 1,

Dorokei ~ Keishichou Sousa Sanka: because Endo Kenichi.

By the way, I noticed Legal V ~ Moto Bengoshi Takanashi Shoko with Ryoko Yonekura... so it means that there's no hope left for Doctor X 6 :(

So excited for the new season finally starting! I've already started Bungaku Shoujo - it seems like it'll be this season's Love Rerun, not expecting great things but anything book related is worth a shot for me.

Also looking forward to:

Bokura wa Kiseki de Dekiteiru

Kemono ni Narenai Watashitachi

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Quite a few others I'm curious about, like Silent Voice and Shitei Bengoshi. Actually I feel like this season has a lot of interesting titles, so I'll probably be watching at least the first episode of quite a few.

The sad thing is that most of them won't get subbed.

Waiting for Cold Case season 2! 

Heard episode 1 of Suits is good, so might just give it a go.

@Hanna, thanks for the links.

I'm a weak woman, it seems I added almost everything that will air in the next months -_-'

• Shinhannin : I already started this one, because of Koizumi and because I've discovered during the last months that I really enjoy the short WOWOW dramas.
  • Bokura wa Kiseki de dekite iru, because Takahashi Issei (and because it seems to be the kind of character I'm enjoying the most)
  • Boku to Shippo to Kagurazaka, because of Aiba (I'm all the more weak when it comes with Arashi dramas, no matter how bad they might be - and I like animals).
  • Kemono ni narenai watashitachi :  because everybody seems to watch it... More seriously, hopefully with this two main actors we can expect a good romance drama
  • Suits, because everybody seems to watch it or have watched the other countries series... Plot seems interesting.
  • Ten : Tenhodori no Kaidanji : because I like Mahjong
  • Utsunuke: because of the weird things Tanaka is holding in his hands on the poster (reminds me of tribbles) and plot sounds interesting

and others I don't particularly remember why I wanted to watch them : Black Scandal, Bungaku Shojo, Dai renai (I particularly like the main actors), Dorokei (probably because of Endo), Kekkon aite wa Chusen de, Legal V, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju....

The first ones are those I'm really looking forward to.

It's funny how so many Japanese shows involve returning to a rural setting. What's so bad about cities?

Knavery:

It's funny how so many Japanese shows involve returning to a rural setting. What's so bad about cities?

Nothing bad about cities, it's just that the bulk of dramas are set in cities, specifically Tokyo, so a change of scenery is generally refreshing.

SumiTheCat:
I'm a weak woman, it seems I added almost everything that will air in the next months -_-'

Me too!! Is it an unusually interesting season? I feel like the variety is great and some of the leads for these dramas are my favorites too like Takahashi Issei and Aragaki Yui! (Also, already watched the first episode of Bokura wa Kiseki and it was fantastic!)

realdeal:

The sad thing is that most of them won't get subbed.

Dramas that  I know are already being subbed (subbers in brackets):
- Suits (Blitz Fansub)
- Legal V 
(No idea who but I've found the first two episodes subbed so someone must be doing it?)
- Boku to Shippo to Kagurazaka 
(RahWalker_ , also @arashi_engtrans on Twitter)
- Manpuku 
(subie06)
- Boukyaku no Sachiko 
(mottofreaky)
- Cold Case Season 2 
(earthcolors)
- Bungaku Shojou (miawaw)

There may even be more than this getting subbed that I don't know about yet. If anyone knows of anymore, please let everyone know! It's pretty easy to keep track on the DA fansub map
It's not 100% ideal (in an ideal world, everything would get subbed!) but I think it's actually a pretty great start!

Also @knavery.  In the past... oh let's say 40-50 years or so, rural areas have become severely depopulated in Japan due to mass migration of young people to cities. Recently there's a bit push to get people to go back and revitalize these areas by showing rural life positively in media. In fact, young people can even receive financial bonuses from the federal government for relocating to rural towns. So yeah, it's subtle propaganda! 

Some of these J-Drama plots has a references to an declining birth rate and encouragement of young people to get married, i feel that Japanese government is promoting its own J-Drama with referencing about Japan's declining population and more young people to get married and have childrens.

Also, some of these J-Drama can be obtainable on WakuWaku Japan, an overseas television channel broadcasting in Asia-pacific, so someone can rip these dramas off from that channel.

(sorry for my poor English)

Right now I am watching Kemono ni Narenai Watashitachi  and Pretty ga Oosugiru on Sony Gem. It's just kinda weird to wait 1 week to watch the next episode, I'm not used to that cause I am a binged watcher.

I'm not watching anything from this season *yet* but I am making sure to collect all of the ones I do wanna watch once I have the time~ 

• Bokura wa Kiseki de dekite iru (Takahashi!)
  • Kemono ni narenai watashitachi 
  • Kono Manga ga Sugoi 
  • Boukyaku no Sachiko
  • Manpuku

I might start Manpuku next week. subie has been speedy with those subs, and I can see myself not finishing the asadora once all the eps are out ^^;

As usual, i will wait until any drama to finished sub and will decide from there. But i will definitely want to watch Dai Renai, because i think this is the first time the actor (Muro Tsuyoshi) plays the main role. Always see him get small part in many dramas so i kind of interested to see what he has to offer.

Other than that, i really hope these will get subbed:

• Shitamachi Rocket (yes, i'm a fan of Ikeido Jun's story)
  • Chuzai Keiji
  • Kudo Kankuro's drama

Ahh, I wish Sony Gem is available in my country too... but everyone seems to be interested in Korean instead (we have several channels, but unfortunately i don't prefer Korean dramas)

realdeal:
Kemono ni Narenai Watashitachi and Pretty ga Oosugiru on Sony Gem