I'm in the mood to watch 90s dramas. I want to ask people whats the best dramas from the 90s or what was most watched back then. Which dramas do you people love from the 90s. 

+1 Aishiteiru to Ittekure 

Like seriously, I haven't seen a more romantic drama... ever lol and I only watched this a couple months ago.

I have read that both Aishiteiru to Ittekure  and Over time have endings that people don't like. This is a common trend that I tend to see in 90s dramas where people don't like the endings. See it makes me rethink if I watch the whole drama and then like others end up disappointed with the ending.

1. 101st Marriage Proposal 1991
  2. Long Vacation  1996
  3. Beach Boys  1997
  4. Bokura no Yuuki  1997
  5. A Sleeping Forest  1998
  6. GTO  1998
  7. Abunai Hokago 1999
  8. Majo no Jouken  1999

and more fun than super good

P.P.O.I 1999

My favorites Beach Boys, Long Vacation, & GTO already got mentioned, so I'll add:

Virgin Road (1997)

Cheap Love (1999) -- another, hmm, "controversial" ending, but I still think it's good and worth watching (I just pretend the last few minutes of the final ep don't exist).

(Yes, I love Sorimachi Takashi.)

I am a huge fan of detective dramas. So my choice is very clear:

Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo (1995)

I only watch one from the 90’s.

A Sleeping Forest. It’s lit. Prepare your tissue.

For me:

Long Vacation

Love Generation

Koukou Kyoushi (1993 version)

A Sleeping Forest

Lipstick

Seija no Koushin

I'll add: Konna Koi no Hanashi (1997). An underrated gem with a helluva cast at the time.

The most popular J-dramas of the 90s are GTO and Long Vacation.

My personal favorites are GTO and Long Vacation (but I've only watched 3 so far, so I don't have many to choose from).  I've also seen Tokyo Love Story, which is good too.

There's a voting list for "best dramas of the 1990s" in case anyone wants to vote: https://mydramalist.com/list/O38nwg81