superpasta wrote: @darkdragon88 yes but most of the time , her emotions even when she must show them are not there. like you have matsuda shota's acting which is comedic and colorful, and you have emi's flat acting which you don't know how to take. like most people, even the serious ones show a bit of emotion on their face when they talk, there is some kind of expression. emi is expressionless like 90% of the time. i feel nothing when i see her act u.u

I guess I will try to pay a bit more attention to her acting from now on. I've liked her in all the roles I've seen her in so far, so I could be unknowingly biased. Although, the expressionless look is there most of the time when Dr. Kota is around to show she doesn't care about his love life.
nope she is generally expressionless. i have not liked any of her roles so far. there is not emotion in her expressions. u.u
I watched the first episode today. I like this so far! It's cute and funny, I knew it was the right decision to save this for a rainy day. :)
Chimai wrote: This show is so fantastic! The chemistry between Shota and Emi is really enjoyable. All of the other characters shine as well. Don't stop watching until after the ending credits, though! ;)

Oh, I stopped! I didn't know I missed something, because usually after the end credits there's a preview of the next ep and I don't want spoilers. *lol* I guess I'll watch the whole thing next time!
One thing I noticed is that the animation for the ending credits is the same style that was used in Amachan. Must be by the same artist/animator.
-Bump-
No more discussion? lol

I was clicking around and found this drama http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/6113/dr.-koto-shinryojo-2006 Is it related in anyway to this one?
I liked the last few episodes. For a while there, I was thinking that every episode would follow the same pattern of meet girl - declaration of leaving the boat - be dumped... but there have been some slight variation, so it's good. :) It surprised me when it started to look like (I don't remember anymore in which episode I first noticed it) that Mako seems to have feelings for this silly doctor (more than friendship). I don't mind if it turns out to be that way, but I didn't expect it. I like the characters in this drama, they're all cute in their own way. I enjoy watching this, but I don't think I will remember it as a great favourite of mine. :)
Damn, I really like Emi Takei. I hope they end up together! If not, just a kissing scene will suffice. LOL
canephalanx wrote: Damn, I really like Emi Takei. I hope they end up together! If not, just a kissing scene will suffice. LOL

For some reason, the thought of a kissing scene in this drama makes me giggle (even if they do end up together). If it happens, I imagine that she'll be the one to kiss him first...

(I think he does deserve to find true love, though! And he seems willing to become a devoted father, aww.)

I have only seen Emi Takei in one other drama, but I liked her in that one too. :)
I don't think Takei Emi and Shota Matsuda will end up together. I don't know, since he falls for almost every woman he sees, then wouldn't he have fallen for her in the first place? Plus Fukushi Sota's character likes her too...
Well that was a cute and satisfying last episode. Good way to wrap things up.
Panda-san wrote: I don't think Takei Emi and Shota Matsuda will end up together. I don't know, since he falls for almost every woman he sees, then wouldn't he have fallen for her in the first place? Plus Fukushi Sota's character likes her too...

I was never convinced by them as a couple (I mean, I never got the "omg they're so perfect together!!" feelings) and if it had ended differently, I would have been completely okay with it. At the same time, I felt that when it got past a certain point, it seemed inevitable that they would end up like that.

darkdragon88 wrote: Well that was a cute and satisfying last episode. Good way to wrap things up.

Yes, I'm also satisfied. I've got to admit that I fell for the trick with the mother. Ever since it became obvious that she kept something secret from her son, I believed that she was going to die in the end. But given the whole nature of this drama, it made perfect sense the way it was. ;)
To me for the majority of the drama it didn't seem like they would end up together because Koto-sensei kept falling for all these different women...lol. I thought he would end up with nobody. But yeah, the end was inevitable, I guess. Made sense given the coarse of events over the last couple of episodes. But the age difference though. :/
I see your point, but I was thinking that they would probably end up together because of that reason - if anybody, it would be with the only one he didn't seem to fall for, especially because Mako seemed to like him more and more...

I've got to say, I didn't think about the age difference at all. I guess it seemed to me that Mako was closer to Kota's age than to Noboru's but I see now that it's not at all like that in real life. (But I'm not the best judge of people's age!)
Yeah Shota Matsuda looks pretty young himself lol so it wouldn't be easy to tell the age difference.

I found this gif set on tumblr and it is my favorite part of this entire drama LOL: