Olja wrote: jeanie i was saying the same thing before epi 8. that epi did wakaba in for me. i wonder if u will feel the same way kawaikochan and i felt after epi 8. when u watch 8 and 9 come back and tells us if u still feel the same. and i agree she does not deserve sota.

I will...now I'm scared. I sneaky peaked at your comments above and I hope I don't totally end up hating her. That would make me "drop a drama". I can't spend my time watching a show where I hate the leads! One one hand I am very aware of just how hard, cold and hurtful she is...on the other, part of the fun of watching this is watching for her character to change and grow..softed due to love. If she doesn't do that or if the two leads don't find some middle ground than what is the point?
Seriously...I need to spell check before I post!
don't drop the show. it's an awesome show. i'm addicted which freaks me out cuz wakaba annoys me so much. but i think that despite hating her i i want to know what will happen next. what will she do, what will sota do, what will shindo and her boss do and lastly what will those 2 adorable kids do? i guess that makes the writing/ story really good. and cast in particular the leads are doing their jobs well.
jelaayG wrote: don't drop the show. it's an awesome show. i'm addicted which freaks me out cuz wakaba annoys me so much. but i think that despite hating her i i want to know what will happen next. what will she do, what will sota do, what will shindo and her boss do and lastly what will those 2 adorable kids do? i guess that makes the writing/ story really good. and cast in particular the leads are doing their jobs well.

right, I think so too. In fact, I think the writer/s might have just thought of writing a story with a protagonist that has very little appeal to the viewer. Is like they said (or he/she I dont know if its by many writers): "Everybody writes about protagonists that change for the better, or femeal leads that are constantly good... what happens to those people that are not NICE, but have some things that they should be proud of, and that everyone else should strive to accomplish as well. Here is that person. And we will not make her any better, because she is who she is, and people in life arent always going to be liked by others. So... here I present to you, a story with a protagonist that you can all hate, and will hate, but you should pay attention!!!"
I still dont want to be like her... :p
Neko wrote: right, I think so too. In fact, I think the writer/s might have just thought of writing a story with a protagonist that has very little appeal to the viewer. Is like they said (or he/she I dont know if its by many writers): "Everybody writes about protagonists that change for the better, or femeal leads that are constantly good... what happens to those people that are not NICE, but have some things that they should be proud of, and that everyone else should strive to accomplish as well. Here is that person. And we will not make her any better, because she is who she is, and people in life arent always going to be liked by others. So... here I present to you, a story with a protagonist that you can all hate, and will hate, but you should pay attention!!!"

This is exactly why I continue to watch this show. I agree with boutux. I was hopeful like jeanie until episode 8 and 9. At this point, I am accepting the fact that her character is despicable and may stay that way. The idea that there will be no redemption for this character is refreshing. I truly hope that she ends up with nothing in the end. No Sota, no Shindo sensei, maybe even no high power lawyer job. I think that is what this character needs in order to have any chance of finding real meaning in her life or love (not only the romantic type). I can almost guarantee that I'll be watching until the end, even if I'm constantly yelling at the screen, hehe.
i am yet to hear someone say that they do like her. it's hard to like a person who is cruel to someone they don't know without provocation or justification.
SungMee wrote: This is exactly why I continue to watch this show. I agree with boutux. I was hopeful like jeanie until episode 8 and 9. At this point, I am accepting the fact that her character is despicable and may stay that way. The idea that there will be no redemption for this character is refreshing. I truly hope that she ends up with nothing in the end. No Sota, no Shindo sensei, maybe even no high power lawyer job. I think that is what this character needs in order to have any chance of finding real meaning in her life or love (not only the romantic type). I can almost guarantee that I'll be watching until the end, even if I'm constantly yelling at the screen, hehe.

u know what i think a decent ending would be for her to end up alone with nothing but her job. with no sota, no shindo. she will not be happy. i don't want her job taken from her cuz it's the one thing in life that she has fought for. maybe for this character to be redeem she has to give up her career ambitions on her own or at least put them on hold and find the other parts of herself that she has neglected in order to be a successful lawyer. and one more thing she absolutely must do...apologise to her dad for being such a miserably ungrateful daughter.
Yea, in my mind I was thinking that she has a messing separation with Shindo sensei and her boss gets push out so she can't work at her current firm, but simultaneously she has a change of heart and wants to work for normal people who need legal services but can't afford them, people like her father or the local factory. Maybe she'll start a small firm with her boss (who seems to be softening as well). In the end we see her giving her all for her job, but with a new purpose. (I guess I have subconsciously thought about this a lot, lol).
Viktoriya Koroleva wrote: Yea, in my mind I was thinking that she has a messing separation with Shindo sensei and her boss gets push out so she can't work at her current firm, but simultaneously she has a change of heart and wants to work for normal people who need legal services but can't afford them, people like her father or the local factory. Maybe she'll start a small firm with her boss (who seems to be softening as well). In the end we see her giving her all for her job, but with a new purpose. (I guess I have subconsciously thought about this a lot, lol).

I like this ending... and we see shindo and sato having drinks and talking trash about her hahaha
Just finished episode 9. I still like Wakaba. Wakaba is slowly coming around. Shindo is a Shady McShaderson. Shota is being a noble idiot. I'm too tired to expound. Episode 8 with her Dad was a rough one but I think she learned her lesson. We'll see.
So Episode 10 made me feel more stable. It was very eventful, but I think I've recovered from Episode 8 so it's not as emotionally taxing, lol. Anyway, I am so so so excited about the final. It's a mixed emotion. I'm really excited to see what will happen but I wonder what my life will be like without Zenkai Girl :)
Arwa Musa wrote: i am yet to hear someone say that they do like her. it's hard to like a person who is cruel to someone they don't know without provocation or justification.

Here I am. I like her. She is so horrible at times that I can't help feeling completely drawn to her. I would like to hug her and just let her cry out everything she has bottled up.
And what's truly fantastic about this show is that the "evil woman" is exactly the kind of person someone like Sota needs - and viceversa. I can very well envision his future with Soyoko, a future in which neither of them develops into anything else than what they already are. He will keep on apologizing for things he's not guilty of and she will back him up with a cute smile, bowing with him.
Just like Wakaba and Shindo are going to feed each other poverty of spirit and coldness.

I know you're going to think I'm as heartless as Wakaba. In fact, I'm a very non-materialistic person and I'd definitely chose love over any prospect of wealth. So rest assured I cringed at episode 8 - and other instances - just as much as you rightly did. I was horrified at her treatment of her father. But what this drama ultimately aims at, is to show what love compatibility really is. The two main leads are just perfect for each other, they had all to gain from a relationship: he would grow a backbone and she would grow a heart.

And I believe the episode with the chicks was the most meaningful one in trying to comprehend Wakaba's character. It's all good and nice and cute to hug a chick and wisper sweet words to it, but if you don't use your head, the creature's going to die.
This is the way she saved her father so many years before: she sprang to action, instead of hugging her father. He would probably prefer a 100 hugs to any money debt repaid, but this is HER way to show her love, as well as his was in putting away the little sum of money every year.

So, ultimately I am praying these two will end up together, because it makes me hope that everyone in this world - with the notable exception of serial killers and the likes - has someone who's able to see the true self of someone else and love this person for what he/she is, and not because someone else was "nicer", or loved the conventional way.

By the way: I agree with you on giving both thumbs up to the cast. I've loved Aragaki for quite a long time, she was the reason why I enjoyed Koizora the movie a lot more than the drama and why I loved Hanamizuki despite the lame storyline of that movie. So in a way I guess I'm a little biased towards the actress and can't bring myself to hate her.
They are all doing a splendid job in making us viewers love or hate each character with passion. I have been moved to tears more than once during the 9 episodes I've completed, and this is something that doesn't happen so often to me.

Sorry for the length...
amrita828 wrote: Here I am. I like her. She is so horrible at times that I can't help feeling completely drawn to her. I would like to hug her and just let her cry out everything she has bottled up.
And what's truly fantastic about this show is that the "evil woman" is exactly the kind of person someone like Sota needs - and viceversa. I can very well envision his future with Soyoko, a future in which neither of them develops into anything else than what they already are. He will keep on apologizing for things he's not guilty of and she will back him up with a cute smile, bowing with him.
Just like Wakaba and Shindo are going to feed each other poverty of spirit and coldness.

I know you're going to think I'm as heartless as Wakaba. In fact, I'm a very non-materialistic person and I'd definitely chose love over any prospect of wealth. So rest assured I cringed at episode 8 - and other instances - just as much as you rightly did. I was horrified at her treatment of her father. But what this drama ultimately aims at, is to show what love compatibility really is. The two main leads are just perfect for each other, they had all to gain from a relationship: he would grow a backbone and she would grow a heart.

And I believe the episode with the chicks was the most meaningful one in trying to comprehend Wakaba's character. It's all good and nice and cute to hug a chick and wisper sweet words to it, but if you don't use your head, the creature's going to die.
This is the way she saved her father so many years before: she sprang to action, instead of hugging her father. He would probably prefer a 100 hugs to any money debt repaid, but this is HER way to show her love, as well as his was in putting away the little sum of money every year.

So, ultimately I am praying these two will end up together, because it makes me hope that everyone in this world - with the notable exception of serial killers and the likes - has someone who's able to see the true self of someone else and love this person for what he/she is, and not because someone else was "nicer", or loved the conventional way.

By the way: I agree with you on giving both thumbs up to the cast. I've loved Aragaki for quite a long time, she was the reason why I enjoyed Koizora the movie a lot more than the drama and why I loved Hanamizuki despite the lame storyline of that movie. So in a way I guess I'm a little biased towards the actress and can't bring myself to hate her.
They are all doing a splendid job in making us viewers love or hate each character with passion. I have been moved to tears more than once during the 9 episodes I've completed, and this is something that doesn't happen so often to me.

Sorry for the length...

gah!! LOVE YOUR POST...**HUG YOUR POST**