Hi :) Like a lot of people on this site I come from korean dramas, and would like to broaden my horizons to taiwanese dramas a bit more.

So far I have watched Autumn's Concerto and ToGetHer, both of which I loved, as well as Mars and Fabulous Boys, which I appreciated. I have skimmed through What Is Love and Devil Beside You, but for reasons specific to each one neither captivated me. However, I enjoy the change of scenery, language, culture, styles... so would really like to know more taiwanese dramas.

So I was wondering if you could say what is your favorite romanic taiwanese drama (or dramas, feel free to name more than one if you want to), and most importantly, why. Because there are so many dramas out there, what always sparks my interest for one particular drama is how it has touched another person.

I'll start: My favorite taiwanese drama so far was ToGetHer, because I can really identify with shy female leads. Despite knowing far less people than most, those she talked to were the ones she truly cared about -- I loved how loyal she was, and how honest she was with herself, she never tried to please anybody but always remained nice. To me (because I read a lot of people saying the opposite), she came across as a strong character in an understated way, and yet at the same time she could be vulnerable and emotional. I also adored Mars, because he cares so much about her and helps her as much as he can -- but not because she's weak and he's strong, but rather because she's the person that can support him best. His behaviour with her was very different than with other people: unlike his usually obnoxious attention-seeking star attitude, with her he was always gentle, quiet, mindful, insecure about himself yet determined to help her.  To sum it up, I liked watching these 2 characters that were vulnerable without being weak, and that mutually supported each other and put the other's well-being above their own.

Thank you :)

Definitely Autumn's Concerto , but i also liked My Lucky Star and Fated To Love You.
My favorite was Fated To Love You, Meteor Garden (i watch it when I was in grade school since it was the first asian drama that was shown to my country). Autumn Concerto, Down With Love, Romantic Princess, Hana Kimi. That was all the TAiwanese dramas I watched and I love all of them. Maybe because All of their osts are pretty good even I'm not a chinese I can feel it. :) i still know how to sing Meteor Garden osts. They were so popular back then and even though new version came. I will still choose them in a heartbeat. C:
In Time With You, hands down. (It will get a Korean remake soon, btw) It's a very sweet from-friends-to-lovers type of story. The female lead is a bit arrogant and is looking towards settling down soon. The male lead - the sweetest character ever? - doesn't want to lose her and therefore thinks it's better to hide his feelings for her. Can't lose what you don't have, after all. I really love the dynamics of this relationship.

Down With Love is pretty good too. A comedic, happy drama.