Like one of the charact is average looking?
- Sweet story, non-average plot, something you'll give a 9-10
Sorry for keeping on posting threads. I just get sick of shows that are "actor/actress-driven" - Use of popular or great looking cast but the story and evrything else is a dud average.
<br>
 I can't find something I'll go crazy with, like Bokura ga ita does to me.
<br>
What I liked in Bokura:
- Fresh sense of reality
- Non-ave romance, some twist wherein twist flows smoothly
- Likeable charact (personality-wise)
- Not too scripted, not too fictional
- And I love the main, they are so CHARMING yet look simple or not trying to look charming AT ALL.

<br>Others that I like:
- Endless Love
- Meteor Garden
- Hana Kimi (enjoyable)
Densha Otoko is definitely one of the dramas that falls in this genre. And maybe Ho Gu's Love too. I'm currently watching it :) 
Densha otako seems to have an average plot? Like "otaku" liking someone, then I'm guessing he slowly changes inyo "non-otaku" to good-looking guy? Am I right? *spoiler*? Its okay if it was not that bizzare, I prefer a group of friends that is not all "hot" (Most of the modern korean shows does that, and it makes my eyes hurt, like I can't breath~just too much that I lost interest over it), then plot is something non-average, not an average person would've predicted to happen-non cliche hehe
Ruler of Your Own World

This drama seems to match the criteria listed.
Luffy, thank you big time. If you have anything like that, I hope you'll rec it. Thanks~
@abakada It stays pretty much the same through the whole series. Showing the growth/progress of the main lead. But he definitely doesn't turn into a flower boy XD SPOILER ALERT