Hi!
I am completely new to Asian drama-series. I have only watched 5 episodes of Liar Game (And nothing else). I got very pleasently surprised, and have decided to look into other dramas as well.

To me, the ending is one of the most important aspects to a drama. I hate to sit through 48 episodes, only to find that it ends in a cliffhanger (because the show got cancelled ) or the main characters die. I hope that you can recommend me dramas that ties up loose ends, and gives a good feeling in the end.

I prefer shows with a bigger plot over purely episodic ones.

It could be any genre, but what i like and dislike in my series is:

++++Good ending
+++Fastpaced (Manages to keep the viewer interested. Doesnt necessarily means that something have to happen physically. Can be suspense, good dialogue, etc etc)
++Action
++Good feeling/lighthearted
++Suspense
++Intelligent (Like Liar Game, or the anime Death Note)
++Psychological
+Comedy
+Light/Medium Romance

? Way too exaggerated acting/characters
? ? Slow-paced
? ? No bigger plot/ purely episodic
? ? ? Bad ending

Of course i dont expect any show to fulfill all of those. My questions is :

Do you think i will like the shows in my plan-to-watch list? If any of them end badly, or not at all, i would be really happy to know.

Do you have other recommendations?

In advance : thank you very much for any replies :)
Coooofffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeee Prrrrrriiiiiinnnnnccccceeeee (Coffee Prince). Not really action packed and has some slow moments but it's really good.
Hi Thanks for the fast replies. I think i have both Coffee Prince and Secret Garden on my external HD. (I downloaded them for my little sister a while ago). I will give them a try :)
KILLER GIRL K.... ...... YOU WILL LOVE IT/.. i love it .. only 3 episode!!
slimchance wrote: Hi!
I am completely new to Asian drama-series. I have only watched 5 episodes of Liar Game (And nothing else). I got very pleasently surprised, and have decided to look into other dramas as well.

To me, the ending is one of the most important aspects to a drama. I hate to sit through 48 episodes, only to find that it ends in a cliffhanger (because the show got cancelled ) or the main characters die. I hope that you can recommend me dramas that ties up loose ends, and gives a good feeling in the end.

I prefer shows with a bigger plot over purely episodic ones.

It could be any genre, but what i like and dislike in my series is:

++++Good ending
+++Fastpaced (Manages to keep the viewer interested. Doesnt necessarily means that something have to happen physically. Can be suspense, good dialogue, etc etc)
++Action
++Suspense
++Psychological
+Comedy
+Light/Medium Romance

– Way too exaggerated acting/characters
– – Slow-paced
– – No bigger plot/ purely episodic
– – – Bad ending

Of course i dont expect any show to fulfill all of those. My questions is :

Do you think i will like the shows in my plan-to-watch list? If any of them end badly, or not at all, i would be really happy to know.

Do you have other recommendations?

In advance : thank you very much for any replies :)
oooopssss its LITTLE GIRL K... NOT KILLER GIRL K.. DAHAHAHAHA..
Here are a few you might like

Tokyo DOGS

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

Code Blue

The Greatest Love

2 words: City Hunter. I think it has pretty much everything in your want list. I will also second the recommendations of Secret Garden and Coffee Prince. Welcome to the Asian Drama world. Get ready to become comfortable in its grasp and addicted :). There are dramas for every taste and mood. I like that there is a low level of commitment on most dramas. Japanese ones are rarely ever longer than 11 episodes and Korean are generally 16 or 20. One way to decide what to watch, I would suggest checking out the 'highest rated and/or most popular dramas tabs'. They are popular and rated accordingly for a reason. I love MDL because it has allowed me to discover dramas I would have never considered otherwise. Sometimes just by looking at the plot, a few reviews or comments. According to your list I would stay away from: 'Iris'. Because of the ending. Otherwise I really liked it. I hope these were helpful. Enjoy!
islandCHICKloveDRAMA wrote: KILLER GIRL K.... ...... YOU WILL LOVE IT/.. i love it .. only 3 episode!!

Huh I always thought it was Killer Girl K:)
Dong Yi is really good(historical).
And Bloody Monday!
its hard to recommend if someone are not familiar with the culture/ tell me some non asian show/movies in your liking =)
Definitely Bloody Monday-both seasons, and City Hunter. You can also try Kurosagi and Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de - but it's a bit more episodic. The Quiz Show 2 (I've never watched the first season, but the second one is really twisted). Tokyo dogs -great casting. Remote- an older drama (2002) but a really good one. I've only recommended those from action/mystery genre. If you want also something else, please tell, what you'd like to watch.
If you want action and little romance, maybe City Hunter and/or Bad Guy. Both are about revenge
History of a Salaryman is super hilarious with light romance. You'll fall in love with all the insane characters and the writers do a fantastic job of keeping you engaged till the end. Speaking of the end it has one of most creative endings I've seen.
slimchance wrote:

++++Good ending
++Action
++Suspense
++Psychological
+Comedy
+Light/Medium Romance

Awesome! You like all the same stuff I like in dramas. This is also why you should stick with Jdramas for right now. There are some amazing Kdramas, but if you're like me (and It seems that you are) then I would highly suggest you stick to Jdramas for a little while. They're usually shorter, more fast paced and to the point, more psychological, and not overly romantic.

OK so first off, did you finish Liar Game yet? If not, then you should. Every episode gets better IMO.

Then if you really want a drama that meets all your qualifications watch Life. Life is awesome. It's fast paced, action packed, with lots of good messages, and an has an OST that runs through your veins.

Also, as someone else has suggested Tokyo Dogs is really funny and fast paced.

As far as Kdramas do go, Secret Garden and White Christmas (as suggested by others) are both amazing.