travis wrote: What are you doing? Go back to sleep young lady! :)

Hey NO yelling at my Mirichan! She can do whatever she wants! "takes out stick"
Guys, im going to close this thread unless it goes back on topic. Normally use the chat thread for this kind of stuff. Thanks!
Raventhedark wrote: Hey NO yelling at my Mirichan! She can do whatever she wants! "takes out stick"

how do you know that my ahjussi is yelling at little Miri?
he can't do that to little Miri..
his just concern that little Miri don't grow well because of lacks of sleep:-)
Posted this on the other thread so will also post here Bara no nai Hanaya - family with more drama than romance but is really good Buzzer Beat - romance drama w/ sports theme Pride - better romance drama w/ sports theme Kimi wa Petto - based off the manga, also has Korean Movie remake Nodame Cantabile - crazy romance. Might be corny but it works. Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu - underrated romance, fairly recent. Good.
travis wrote: What are you doing? Go back to sleep young lady! :)

Too late it's already morning for me and I have school in about fourty minutes:D
darkangel662008 wrote: how do you know that my ahjussi is yelling at little Miri?
he can't do that to little Miri..
his just concern that little Miri don't grow well because of lacks of sleep:-)

Ok I know Skye doesn't like to go off topic:D
Thank you for standing up for me again Raven:)
And yes hmmm let's say I didn't take travis concerning bad:p
amrita828 wrote: Why are you asking for help, pray tell? It's a bit hard to give recommendation to someone who's already heavily prejudiced. You've repeatedly declared that:

1. Japanese's acting is crap (your words)
2. Japanese history kind of sucks (and here you ask for historical dramas?)
3. Japanese are not pleasing to the eye
4. Japanese only produce lame, corny, manga-like, or school dramas of which you're tired (and this even before watching any)
5. Japanese have nothing better to offer than the above

So here's my recommendation to you: stay away from Japanese dramas. I don't see a reason for you to subject yourself to torture and for us to recommend.

I totally agree with your recommendation!
These are probably few of the best j-dramas (btw. not manga-school-dramas < even though those aren't that bad ^^) 1. yamato nadeshiko shichi henge <3 2. atashinchi no danshi 3. Buzzer beat 4. Liar Game < season 1+2+movie+more <3 This drama isn't really romance etc. but it is really good , and definitely recommended ^^ But then again, you should try watching at least, if there's really no interest then there no point right? ^^
Oooohhh! Hey tension! Raven: There are some Jdrama's I find a little silly but there are also some I found that were very thought provoking or maturely done. I am only about 1 year into watching Jdramas while I've been watching Kdramas for about 3. Anyway... Here are my suggestions for Jdramas I found that were well done, well acted and not corny/mushy/silly: Pride ~ It is a love story but well written and maturely acted set in the world of Hockey. The situations are more realistic. Ask some others here...esp. the men that have watched this. Usually they really like it. Don Quixote ~ Not a romance. It is a little corny but it is very funny and ...it is just well done all the way around. I really recommend giving this a try. It is meant to be a comedy but also has some serious moments. I adore this one. Hungry ~ Nicely done. mature, funny, not slapstick silly. Love Shuffle ~ Not strictly a romance although it does revolve around 4 couples who shuffle partners. Mature situations are more prevalent here rather than focusing on one couple or corny mushy love. It has a darkness and cynicism to it rather than a hearts/flowers mentality. Jotei ~ pretty dark / mature subject matter. Liar Game ~ Cartoonish elements yes...but also very well done. The puzzle solving and how Nao and Akiyama-san navigate through the Liar Game is interesting. I recommend giving this a second look and actually watching an episode before you give up on this. Long Love Letter ~ Don't let the title fool you. This is a very different Jdrama. Anything but silly. Read Rita's review for an idea of what this is about. The synopsis and it's title doesn't do it justice. Sorry I am so late to this thread. These have probably all been recommended before. Good Luck Raven!