I normally like romcoms, but saw a preview of a historical drama and was intrigued. I'd like to watch one, but I find talk aboit political strategy uninteresting. Can anyone rec me a historical drama that is mainly a love story, without too much political talk? Idealy one with 30 episodes or less. I'm not sure I can hang on for the long haul of a 50+ episode series. Thank you very much :)
The Princess' Man (This one is melodrama).

If you want to ease into historical dramas, you can try Queen In Hyun's Man. It part saeguk, part modern time. It's also a rom-com.

If you like Siwon from Suju, there's also: Legend of Hyang Dan. It's a rom-com too and it's only two episodes long.
one i could think of that is more romance and does not inlcude does strategy stuff is SKK scandal (Sungkyunkwan scandal... not sure if i wrote it correctly)
The moon that embraces the sun:) Though I love the political facts in historical Dramas especially:p
LisNoir wrote: The Princess' Man (This one is melodrama).

If you want to ease into historical dramas, you can try Queen In Hyun's Man. It part saeguk, part modern time. It's also a rom-com.

If you like Siwon from Suju, there's also: Legend of Hyang Dan. It's a rom-com too and it's only two episodes long.

I second Queen Inhyun's Man!!
And The Moon Embracing Sun <3!!!
Would also recommend Warrior Baek Dong Soo - there is romance, bromance, friendship, loyalty and some political warfare. Great fighting scenes and an amazing second lead!!! Completely fell in love with him!!!
I third The Moon Embracing the Sun. I didn't mention it because there's a lot of political issues in it, which is also one of the reasons I watch saeguks. Then again, so does The Princess' Man, but they both have a love story present between the main leads.
Thank you very much everyone for the suggestions. They all look promising. I'll have to ease myself in to the more politically charged shows, I think, so I'm happy to be able to get started with period shows without too much of that. I'm watching SKK Scandal first, being a big fan of the reverse harem gender bender thing. Seems right up my alley.