Not sure if it will come across right, but I'm looking for  drama/movies where the main lead give off a melancholic vibe, any country and any genre is fine and it doesn't need to be a tragedy or a sad/angsty story.

Example of actors who for me have that quality: 

Ji Hyun Woo (Awl, Queen In Hyun's Man)
Jung Il Woo (The Return of Iljimae)
Nishijima Hidetoshi (so far everything i saw him in, he generally has this vibe when he doesn't smile) 

Thanks!
Here are some main characters that gave me that kind of vibes:

Both Takenouchi Yutaka and Ueto Aya's characters in Nagareboshi
Katori Shingo in Bara no Nai Hanaya
So Ji Sub in Sorry I Love U and Always
Bae Young Joon in The Legend
Kang Dong Won in Our Happy Time

I'm not really sure I get what you're looking for, but those main leads I mentioned are quiet, solemn yet friendly, generally looked unenergetic even when they smiled and they give some vibes that they're carrying something sad? Hope it helps
I'm not really sure I get what you're looking for, but those main leads I mentioned are quiet, solemn yet friendly, generally looked unenergetic even when they smiled and they give some vibes that they're carrying something sad? Hope it helps

Yes yes!  That's exactly it, thank you very much!
I'm pretty sure it depends on the person watching but to me Jung Jae Young, Kim Jae Wook, Nishijima Hidetoshi and Kim Jae Joong all feel melancholic in most of their work.
(Psst!! You should check the spelling on the thread title)
oops! thanks for telling me, versaillesyoo, didn't noticed that one at all!. And yes I agree especially about Nishijima Hidetoshi.
No worries! I actually completely missed that you wrote Nishijima on your first post. Sorry about that. He was honestly the first one that came to mind when I read the thread.
Then maybe you'd like to check main leads with tragic past, usually they carry that demeanor. Also, I'm sorry I didn't say anything even though I knew something wrong with the thread's title, I didn't know the title can be edited.

More:
Male lead in Tatta Hitotsu no Koi

@versaillesyoo that's ok! And yes, Nishijima really nails that kind of mood. :)

@Toots, oh, I recently went through many of his dramas: Border, Yae no Sakura (also has Nishijima in it), Rich Man, Poor Woman, Ouroboros, waiting for the Nobunaga movie so I can finish Nobunaga Concerto and was wondering what of his I should watch next. So far, I liked him in Yae no Sakura and Nobunaga the best. What roles of his did you find to be the most melancholic?

@bossmama That's ok! :) Initially I was thinking to ask just about main leads with tragic past and you are right that kind of characters typically are with sad demeanor at least at some point in the story, but then I thought why limit to just that? Especially since what interests me is the performance rather the reason, because there are as many stories where for the most part the character has a different feel despite having some sort of past trauma. Hope that makes sense! And thanks for the new rec!

More recommendations are always  welcome :)