Hey guys. I'm new here and generally to the whole drama concept. Like I already knew about it cause my sister watches it like crazy but I just recently started watching and so far has been good. However the problem is, most of the stuff suggested to me ( by my sis mostly or friends) ends up either annoying me or boring me. An example would be You're beautiful and boys over flowers because I so wanted her to end up with the other guy in both cases. Anyway, so heres the thing. I like dramas with romance, the sappier the better, cliche or whatever, but it should have a nice lead who isn't like too annoying, the nicer the better (referring to attitude), a good enough female lead, and a catchy storyline or something that atleast keeps me interested. And a hot lead male wouldn't hurt....;) Okay so here's what I've watched and loved so far.... Down with Love, The X family, Sunshine Angel (Wu Chun and Rainie Yang, I also kinda like Mi-Chan's butler even though the acting wasn't really good but I liked the storyline. Hmm, I liked Kimi Ni Todoke and Bloody Monday ( even though it didnt really have romance) Hmm, that's a start. So any suggestions from anyone?
Hello and Welcome to mdl... Your really new..your list is literally zero..kekeke!!! As for suggestion...this drama is what i always recommend to anyone asking me..so you'll not be any different... For Jdrama - Love Shuffle - everyone to whom I suggest this always comes back to me..telling me how they love it:-) The whole concept of the drama is unique and refreshing. Mr. Brain - it's one of my favorite so I just spread my love for this drama..kekeke!!! For Kdrama - City Hall - :-) That's all for now...If you like more you can message me anytime:-)
J-DRAMAS: Nice down to earth lead would be...Ueno Juri's character in Hard to say I love you. Friendshippy Romantic. Drama and strange twists. Plus Eita/Juri chemistry is to die for. If you want sappy...I'd go for Buzzer Beat...it's again Friendshippy and Romantic. PURDY COLOURS. PURDY OST. Really goes all out with the 'we make each other better' message of romances. Simple touching story with a super 'I need to be with you, how much of a fool am for not realising that early' romance is in Proposal Daisakusen. One of the earliest J-dramas I watched...much fond memories. For a T-drama....less mental and more angsty than Down with Love, but I recommend In Time With You. Triangles, unrequitted love, soul mate principle, friendship. BUT all handled in a tasteful realistic cool manner. Not very melodrama but incredibly touching and romantic. As for K dramas....I found Coffee Prince super addictive, funny, touching and romantic. Plus kickass lead. Hot lead, effortlessly charming lead and eye candy in the form of Kim Jae Wook. <3 Some steamy moments. If I think of more I'll get back to you. WELCOME :D
darkangel662008 wrote: Hello and Welcome to mdl...
Your really new..your list is literally zero..kekeke!!!

As for suggestion...this drama is what i always recommend to anyone asking me..so you'll not be any different...
For Jdrama - Love Shuffle - everyone to whom I suggest this always comes back to me..telling me how they love it:-) The whole concept
of the drama is unique and refreshing.
Mr. Brain - it's one of my favorite so I just spread my love for this drama..kekeke!!!

For Kdrama - City Hall - :-)

That's all for now...If you like more you can message me anytime:-)

LOVE SHUFFLE IS DA BOMB!

yes...it deserves the use of an embarrassing outdated catchphrase. <3 :D
P.S. with In time with you it is guaranteed you will NOT root for anyone but the lead.
Same goes for Coffee Prince and Proposal Daisakusen.

The others...debatable.

Personally the only drama where I was left me SHOCKED and fuming when the girl got with the lead was in You're Beautiful where I failed to understand...WHEN THE HELL THEY FELL IN LOVE? She even FLINCHED when he kissed her because she thought he was gonna BEAT HER! *shakes head* It is cheesy, wacky and if watched in a group enjoyable...but it leaves you scratching your head.

Go Mi Nam...

Hey Thanx:). I'll try those:)
Thanx :). I actually started watching coffee prince withmy sister and I liked it, just havent finished so far...
I second all of darkangel662008 suggestions. City Hall is one of my favorite dramas of all times.
I'm not really an expert in K-drama but you could try Love Rain, Rooftop Prince and Personal Taste And in J-drama, you could try watching Atashinchi no danshi, there's kinda a love story but it's not the main subject but it's still a good drama to watch ^^ I second Love Shuffle, definitely Other J-drama I liked and that might interest you: Kimi wa petto and Mei-chan no Shitsuji Hope it helps you and btw welcome to MDL ^^
I am just going to suggest drama's I really liked:

Taiwan:
Fated to Love You, although in some parts it was rather draggy, it was still pretty good.

Japanese:
sunao-ni-narenakute
WELCOME TO MDL! i see Sunshine Angel on ur list ;x watched it for raine and wu chun and was disappointed :( if you like raine u can try Hi, My sweetheart and Devil desides you both really cute i notice your kinda into tawian drama, you should def try Autumn's concerto :) its my fav tawianese one ;D
Hmmm I don't know to many sappy romance's that I would suggest, but I will suggest some of my fav's since you are so new to watching, you may like as well...

Japanese:
sunao-ni-narenakute
don-quixote
I also second all the MR BRAIN & Love Shuffle suggestions.

Korean:
The three C's: chuno city-hall city-hunter
hong-gil-dong
iljimae
shut-up-flower-boy-band
the-greatest-love
Japanese Romantic: Tatta Hitotsu No Koi Love Shuffle Pride Buzzer Beat Korean Romance: Biscuit Teacher & Star Candy Coffee Prince City Hall Me Too Flower My Name is Kim Sam Soon **Queen In Hyun's Man** New and a great/romantic tale. The Princess' Man (Sauguk / Intrigue / Romance) What's Up Fox The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry Rom Com Secret Garden The Greatest Love
I second darkangel, and adding Liar Game.. :)
I can mostly just second some of the great suggestions like City Hall, Me Too Flower, Kim Sam-Soon, Greatest Love, and Love Shuffle.

One that I would rec is the Korean drama, Scent of a Woman. Amazing cast with chemistry that goes off the charts. Very romantic and emotional, but good.

And a few that I would emphasize: I can almost guarantee that you will love Shut Up Flower Boy Band (unique and so flippin great. Not exactly a romance, but the romance that there is good stuff), Queen In Hyun's Man (great male lead, great female lead, and another one with way off the charts chemistry. Will make you heart super warm and fuzzy), and Pride, my favorite Japanese romantic drama so far.