Anyone know some real tear jerking movies/tv shows? Preferably either Korean or Japanese... I haven't watched much of these except for 1 litre of tears (obviously can't miss that one) and Dakishimetai: Shinjitsu no Monogatari.

Signal
Healer
Secret Garden
49 days

Just a few :'D
This is one I always recommend whenever asked:  Sorry, I Love You.  It is a sad but beautiful love story.
I don't cry that often, but there are two older japanese dramas I kept in mind which got me teary-eyed:
Yuuki
Koizora
master's sun
49 days
gu family's book (i only cried for the parents tho)
secret garden
Definitely Good Life - Arigatou Papa, Sayonara. 
This one really got me bawling.
Definitely 'Sorry, I love you'. If you don't cry in that one, your heart must be made of stone. One of the most beautiful love stories i've seen. Still makes my heart ache.
I cried in 'Signal' as well .. although watching it at the minute.

To be honest, I don't usually cry at dramas/movies/books, but Yuuki is something else.. I couldn't help myself T-T

Other contenders in the emotional dramas category would be Koizora (drama) & Koizora (movie). I seriously have never seen more unlucky characters than the ones in this story. 
Then there's impossible & tragic lovestory: A love to kill.
And finally I would recommend Tokyo Girl, which is actually not that tragic but the end is beautifully sad.

Yuuki & koizora were already mentioned before, so I really hope you take a look at them :3
Also, I must say I don't agree with people who mentioned Healer & Master's Sun. There were a few sad moments, yes, but they were both no tear jerking dramas. But I do recommend them very much but Healer for the action aspect & Master's Sun for the humour, not for the sadness in them :) 
And for the rest, I don't know any of the other dramas that were mentioned here, maybe I should check them out too *-*
Try the movie Aftershock....overwrought, but with a purpose and effective....made me bawl more than Sophie's choice and unbearable lightness of being. It's mainland Chinese if i recall, so not Korean or Japanese.
movie : Sunny, had teary eyes the whole time