Hi!

As title says, I'm looking for chinese drama that is not a romance, historical would be best but not necessary. I watched and liked Nirvana in Fire and The Disguiser , so something similar to these would be nice.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Well, I haven't watched many Chinese dramas until Nirvana in Fire brought me back. So far I've watched:
1. Scarlet Heart : I've watched it after Nirvana in Fire. There's romance but also political battle for the throne, friendship, and loyalty. You don't have to worry for the romance part though. It's not the main focus of the drama and I think it's one of the best chinese historical drama out there
2. Battle of Changsha : another amazing chinese historical drama with war as the background. It's heartbreaking and it'll sucked you completely. Highly recommended
3. All Quiet in Peking : still watching this but so far I like it. It's quite heavy though and since my knowledges of the current political situation in China at the time are so lacking, I have to rewatch some scenes to completely understanding the story
Oh, All Quiet in Peking sounds great will check it out!