Hey guys so I just recently got introduced to kdramas and haven't seen a lot. But the one common theme that I seem to be drawn to is a storyline of a really poor and misfortunate main guy character having a rich girl fall in love with him. My favorite kdrama so far, "Ugly alert", pretty much follows that plot and my second favorite, "Innocent man", also has that as a main theme but with more of a revenge twist. I really get a feel for the main characters trying to succeed in horrible conditions and, in the case of these two dramas, provide for their siblings.
To be honest I've noticed that a ton of kdramas have the guy as a rich douchebag who eventually softens up to the girl. But I really tend to hate those kinds of arrogant jerks so please don't recommend anything like that. I would rather have a MC thats endures a lot of burden, hardships, pain, etc... since it makes them seem more human.

I would really like a drama that fairly recent, like 2009-present. And I really need the main character to be likable.
Thanks!
I haven't actually finished the drama so I can't say how good it is, but Cheer Up Mr. Kim is similar to Ugly Alert in that it is a longer family drama, with him taking care of his family. In Cheer Up Mr. Kim, they are all his adopted children and he ends up working for the female lead's family as a housekeeper(or at least that's how far I got).

In Boku to Star no 99 Nichi he is a security guard who takes care of his sister's kids (they are always with him though) and he works for the female lead who is a top Korean actress.

That Fool about a government worker and an actress falling in love. As far as I remember he does take care of his sister in the drama.

Someone else may be able to know of more dramas with the revenge and taking care of their family, but I can't think of any.
I Do, I Do (Poor shoemaker falls for rich shoe designer)
Loves Relativity (Poor cameraman falls for rich magazine editor)
Material Queen (Poor music student falls for a supermodel)

they cover the poor man-rich woman theme, but as for family dramas like ugly alert, i dont know any, sorry :c
Off the top of my head...

Phoenix
Sad Love Story
Crazy for You
Take Care of the Young Lady
Ruler of Your Own World. The guy's an ex-con, and it's implied that he initially started pickpocketing to earn quick bucks for his mother. The girl's an aspiring musician, the daughter of a property boss. The main lead is actually very nice, despite his past, and since it's a drama from the early 2000s, even the rich look pretty "normal," compared to how it is in more recent dramas--maybe they have bigger house and can afford to buy their own car, but that's it. (Of course, that also means lower production value, which is a put-off for some people.)
Romance (kdrama starring Kim jae won)
date - koi to wait Donna
modern farmer
shoot for the stars
yong pal
doctor stranger
Bachelor's Vegetable Store is a good version of this plot line.
Wow, so many kdramas I didn't know about! I'll try to check them all out. Any more recs?
Ho Goo's Love
I Love Lee Tae Ri
That Winter The Wind Blows
Witch's Romance
...maybe Faith too?

I'm surprised myself how few I've seen with this setting o_o
Ok so I pretty checked out almost all of the recommended dramas. And....the dramas i liked were

-That fool- I liked the innocent main character
-That Winter, The Wind Blows- This was amazing! I loved both the main guy character and the female lead.
-Yong Pal- This has to be one of the most thrilling anime I've ever watched. I could not stop watching it.

The reason I didn't like the other dramas
-Cheer Up Kim- The drama quality is too old. It's hard for me to watch
-I do, I do- the female lead looks too old. It's kinda weird.
-phoenix- too old.
-sad love story- I finished this but I didn't really like the male lead
-Crazy for you- Couldn't find anywhere to watch it
-My fair lady- I don't like the main male and female leads
-Ruler of Your Own World- too old

I only pretty much like kdramas. The other languages just feel weird to me. 
-Loves relativity- 
-Material queen
-Boku to Star no 99 Nichi
Beyond the Clouds - Revenge story. Guy is poor, sort of, and the girl is rich.
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Zeni Geba