I noticed its usually the female leads to fall first, so I wanted to see if there are any dramas that are the opposite. I'll watch any genre from any country (bonus points: for a happy and/or short drama [no more than 16 eps]) + also i really do not like "mean for no reason" characters. thanks

Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku
Dear Sister
The greatest love
Secret garden
Hana yori Dango
Sekai ichi muzukashii koi
Healer
- A lot of "noona romances". Actually, probably almost all of them? I won't list these but there are a lot of recommendation threads you can browse through~

- In Time With You is a really good Taiwanese drama. The male lead has a long unrequited love. (There's also a Korean remake but imho, the original is far better)

- Falling for Innocence. Uh, he starts off mean but after the heart transplant thing will start acting differently. So don't turn this on down right away because of the meanie.

- Second Time Twenty Years Old. His feelings go way back whereas she married someone else. 
Protect the Boss (has 18 eps) but it's really good and it only felt like it had about 10 eps to me

High End Crush (web drama) has 20 eps but they are each only 20 minutes long.
Reply 1997 (has actually 14 30min episodes + 2 1hr episodes if I remember well)
It's Okay, That's Love (16 ep)
Scent of a Woman (16 ep - debatable who falls in love first -or i just don't remember it well oops- but the guy is the one who's serious about their relationship first)

for all 3 of them: the character's stories have their up & downs,but It'd generally consider them happy & heart-warming stories :) Reply 1997 is very easy to watch, whereas it's okay, that's love and scent of a woman deal with more serious topics (but don't let that fool you :P)
Please love the useless me (Jdrama)
Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit
I Love Lee Tae Ri
I second these dramas that have been mentioned:

It's Okay, That's Love
Scent of a Woman
The Greatest Love
I Hear Your Voice
Healer
Reply 1997

But I also recommend these ones:

Marriage Contract