Hi everyone- lately I've watched so much mystery/suspense/action and in general totally hyped up dramas, that i've wished for something calming after that. . . . Because of this i've watched Yasashii Jikan. And what can i say: i was hooked ^^ I completed it in 1 1/2 days :) -- So I'm asking around if anyone knows of a drama or a movie like this. For all those who haven't watched this japanese drama: I'd describe it as a very calm (thus my demand for calming dramas ^^) and silent/gentle drama. It shows the lifes of a family and the townspeople. With little stories in each episode and one storyline with a problem that has to be solved. It's not entirely drama - so i'd say i look for something light with a happy ending :) Thank you in advance Rose
I'd recommend you Ando Natsu. I'm currently watching this drama and have almost finished it, so I can't say what the ending will be like but I've found that it has a rather calming and soothing effect on me. Part of why I enjoy watching this drama so much is the beautiful scenery of Sensou-ji temple and the lovely traditional wagashi shop it takes place at. It's not breathtaking or awe-inspiring but a sweet, simple, light drama with loveable characters and beautiful wagashi creations. :)
Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~ - I think it might be the one, although it's somewhat sad by definition and there are many emotions involved (especially in first episode), I'd said it's a very calming, reflective drama that gives positive perspective on life and what's beyond.

If you want something really quirky I recommend some of Ueno Juri's works:
Ueno Juri to Itsutsu no Kaban

Turtles Swim Faster Than Expected -both are extremely weird, philosophical and "I don't know what I'm watching but it's interesting" type of thing.

If you want some romance without craziness and drama:

Maybe First Kiss - it sometimes has a bit of intensity, but its not too dramatic, there aren't many annoying people, and main lead (or rather romance interest is a nice guy)
Or "Pride" -it's a wonderful lovestory without the usual cliches and dramatizing.
Bara no nai Hanaya is a good one. Not too stressful and not too light. Are you looking for comedy too?
Thanks for the recommendations *^.^*

infiniti512 wrote: Bara no nai Hanaya is a good one. Not too stressful and not too light. Are you looking for comedy too?

Thanks I've totally forgotten about this -I've watched it already but maybe i should rewatch this :)

+ Comedy is okay too (it should give a good feeling - so if it's fitting it's okay)

Yaminoumi wrote: I'd recommend you Ando Natsu. I'm currently watching this drama and have almost finished it, so I can't say what the ending will be like but I've found that it has a rather calming and soothing effect on me.

@Yaminoumi: I've started watching Ando Natsu - (3 episodes so far ^^) Did you watch the ending?

@Elisabetta: I'm still wondering with which i should start :D I think i'm going to watch the first episode of each drama :P
Pasta It's a slice of life drama that I absolutely loved. One of those stress free dramas. It's a cute drama about food and romance. Very calming. :)