I want some recommendations for dramas where the main leads don't have tragic pasts like their family being killed or something, or them suddenly becoming poor. a good example is CHIEF KIM.

the drama can be from any genre, C, J or Kdrama. preferably Kdrama.

the characters can experience those tragedies in the present but I don't want it happening in their past. 

What genre though? There seem to be a lot of romance dramas that doesn't play with tragic past.
@WednesHwang 
any genre. preferably comedy, or romance. And if you know any such action drama then that's gold for me.

EDIT(01/06/17): LIFE genre drama recommendations are welcome too.  
Chief Kim's father supposedly died while doing good deeds though, although I know that's not the point. I get what you mean XD I went to take a look at your list, and wow you've seen a lot more dramas than I have, so I don't think I can be any help... Some of them I've watched since too long ago, so I don't remember. I understand Panda's feelings XD
@Soju
yes, Oh my Venus can be counted as one of those dramas where the leads don't have much of the tragic past(although I don't much remember about her parents but there wasn't any revenge thing going on or any unresolved issues regarding that matter. and although he's suffered an accident, it is a yes in my book).

@Panda and WednesHwang
it really is hard. Thanks though, for all your effort. 

@WednesHwang
when I found out about how easy it was to get these Korean dramas I just couldn't stop myself. I absolutely ❤❤❤❤ Kdrama.
Nodame Cantabile
Hana yori dango
Something about 1%
The greatest love
N no tame ni
Buzzer Beat
From 5 to 9
Sunny Happiness
Fated to love you
Youkoso wagaya e
Kagi no Kakatta heya
Sekai ichi muzukashi koi
The moon that embraces the sun
Hana kimi
@ Panda, I don't think so because if VishalIngle considered Oh my Venus a Yes I think all the ones I mentioned are on the same line.

For example: The moon that embraces the sun doesn't have any background tragedy, the tregedy happens as the story evolves, but when the OTP meets they weren't suffering from a dark past.
Or Sekai ichi muzukashii koi, the OTP don’t havea tragic background at all. In something about 1% (the original drama not the remake) both OTP have their parents and have not tragic background whatsoever
Buzzer Beat, I also don’t remember they having a tragic background, one is a basketball player the other one is a violin player.
@fanitha 
thanks for the list. 
I've watched Something about 1%(remake), The greatest love(their pasts are not that tragic but they've faced hardships more than others), Fated to love you(both versions), Kagi no Kakatta heya and Hana kimi (he's suffered before we meet in episode 1, i think)
Sekai ichi muzukashi koi is on hold at the moment. 

actually, when I wrote my query I had only CHIEF KIM in my mind. although some of the people do face problems they weren't, umm how do I say it, that much serious?? 
there were smaller victories each 1-2 episodes. it wasn't heavy on crime or unfairness. 
but when I okayed Oh my Venus, it opened the gate for every drama that has a bit of bad luck to the main cast. like how he had suffered physical injury or how she was treated because of her weight. I said yes because it was a light comedy drama. but this means including dramas like The Greatest Love or Oh My Ghost. Beautiful Gong Shim etc. it's okay keep 'em coming. I'll check them out for myself.
but I think I'd like to add the genre LIFE for recommendations too.
well, thanks anyways I'll check out the rest of them. and if I like any I won't stop until I'm finished with it.
BTW nodame cantabile, which version should I watch j or k?
and isn't N no tame ni a crime drama which involves lead actors?
@VishalIngle

For Nodame Cantabile I prefer the japanese version this one is light hearted and the korean is more serious and also the Jversion sticks more to the original material as this is a manga adaptation.

For N no tame ni I'm sorry this one is not a romance drama I don't know why I write it, but it you are interestend in suspense dramas you should definitely give it a try is a very good drama.
@fanitha
I'm definitely into suspense dramas but I've been wanting to see something light and fun. you know, without having to care for love scenarios or catching criminals. 
thanks for everything! 
@Ashley
thanks! god's gift has been in my list for longest time but it's that i don't like the lead actress, Lee Bo Young, that i had put it on hold but after watching Jo Seung Woo's strong performance in SECRET FOREST i'm planning to revisit the drama. so thanks for the reminder!