Well, that's exactly what I'm looking for too, and I haven't found any drama as satisfying as Healer or Heartless city for this genre...
I can still recommend you some, but they might not be exactly what you're looking for, or and you've probably already watched them...

Kaitou tantei Yamaneko - about a man who was trained to be a spy. Lots of good music, he's a very good combatant, surnamed "Yamaneko" . It doesn't have that grimy atmosphere but it's enjoyable (well maybe not the ending but well) there is a kind of romantic side but... Not really. 

The bridal mask - you've probably already watched it or heard of it. Set it Joseon when the Japanese had invaded Korea. Maybe a bit too long/ historic but you've really got that hidden identity thing and lots of action, + romance 

Bloody Monday- about a young hacker nicknamed falcon who starts working for a government agency. Lots of suspense/ mystery, and love(especially in season 2). But the male mc doesn't really have that " serious facial expression on a high level of tension" 

Take five- I don't really remember this one but it was the first one who popped up in my head when I read your post.

time between dog and wolf- again, you've certainly heard about/ watched this one. Very long but romance, action, hidden identity... 

the K2- another drama of Ji Chang Wook. I personally didn't like it but the 4-5 first episodes are great IMO. Nickname, action, romance...

Fugitive- plan B - a lot of action, romance, ... 
And I haven't watched it yet but  a friend of mine recommended me "Hotel King" when I asked her something similar to Heartless City ^^ 
I'll edit my post if I remember another one ! 
AnD I'm  sorry if I didn't help you. I have been looking for drama like that for ages without finding any really good/ fitting these criterias. 
The bridal mask- I also had to start it like 3 times before actually liking it and continuing it. I think it eventually gets better, even though it's a bit long (and yep, historical... It's not my cup of tea either but well) 

bloody monday- well yeah... He's stil, a high school student after all. Sometimes you just want to punch him in the face but it eventually gets  better since  he grows up (since there are 2 seasons) and there are some good villains in there. And he's a genius hacker. 

TbDaW: yup, I also think that way. But it has good action and Jung kyung ho (from heartless city) plays the brother of the Mc, although he here has a totally different character. I think that's the one you should try first, although it's a bit long.

yamaneko: well, if you're not used to Jdrama then it might not be for you. I liked it a lot but it wasn't perfect either when you compare it to Kdrama. You have lots of DA FEELS in there though. 

Whoaaaah thank you hehe! 
I actually have already seen city hunter (and didn't recommended it to you since I saw you had already seen it, but I had thought of it too) and My love from another star, but the other two seem promising- I'll be sure to check them out! Thank you!! 
Yes I know that feeling, loved Healer and Heartless City.
Even though the ending of Heartless City was very realistic I so wished he had survived.
Not sure if you are fine with crime drama but other than the ones already mentioned you can try:
Love Me If You Dare
When a Snail Falls in Love
Yes I know that feeling, loved Healer and Heartless City.
Even though the ending of Heartless City was very realistic I so wished he had survived.
Not sure if you are fine with crime drama but other than the ones already mentioned you can try:
Love Me If You Dare
When a Snail Falls in Love