Do you know any good dramas with main leads being athletes? It would be great if the story sometimes focuses on training, hardships, competitions etc.

Some examples:

Fight for my Way
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
Page Turner (although it's more about playing piano lol)

Oh, and this is more of a minor part (2-3 episodes) and the rest of the drama is not about sports at all, but Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi has a high school sports competition interlude. They really focus on that for those episodes though
@zeamays Thanks for recommendations! Finding Argenta's plot sounds interesting~

@IzzyDramaLover Thank you, the reviews seem promising :)
The Whirlwind Girl 1&2 - Chinese focus on martial arts. I really enjoyed it
Thumping spike 1&2 - Korean mens volleyball
Pride - Japanese Ice Hockey
Hotshot - Taiwanese Basketball
Buzzer Beat - Japanese Basketball
Tumbling - Japanese Gymnatics
Puck - Korean special (only 2 or three episodes) about Ice Hockey

I've missed ones like Hana Kimi and To the Beautiful you as although they are about high jump, its not the main focus.

Can recommend them all. Also there is a film called As One which is about womens Ping pong. Sounds boring but it was actually very good. Based on a true story
Birdie Buddy - korean drama (Golf)
All of the Hana Kimi dramas (Hana Kimi, Hana Kimi Remake, Hana Kimi Taiwan, To the Beautiful You)

Pride
Buzzer Beat
Hana Kimi
Tumbling
Rookies
Yowakutemo Katemasu
Suikyu Yankees
Smile you
H2
Heading to the ground
Bullfighting

Special: Kimi ni Sasageru emblem

Wild Romance - http://mydramalist.com/3137-wild-romance - MC is a baseball player
Project S The Series: SPIKE - http://mydramalist.com/23888-project-s-the-series-...

It's airing right now and it's subbed on the official youtube channel too.
It's about a high school mens volleyball team. Could be BL or not, I'm not sure. It's not focusing on romance (yet).
Usually I don't watch Thai series (not that I hate them at all but just because) but this one seems really well-produced
and this Project S will have other sports series as well: skateboarding, badminton, archery
but they're still filming and airing the volleyball one.
I guess if you have seen Hormones, you'll probably like this one because they have the same director and some actors.

+1 Thumping Spike
+1 As One