they have been mentioned already but just to emphasize: for real Japanese comedy:

11nin mo iru!
Stand up!!

Also great:
My Girl (JP) [already recommended, just to emphasize]

Amazing tear jerkers:
Rinne no Ame
Aishiteru ~Kaiyou~
VioletSakura wrote: White Christmas (Kr)
What's Up (Kr)
Smile (Jp)
Cat Street (Jp)
Long Love Letter (Jp)
Q10 (Jp)

^Yes to everything, except I haven't seen Cat Street or What's Up
Pantheria wrote: Oooh that reminds me; I keep meaning to finish that one. Thanks for thr reminder LOL. :)

You're Welcome!

Elisabetta wrote: I'm going to watch that, just because you recommended it ^_^ ( Actually I am half an episode in - life interrupted and I haven't got a chance to finish it yet...)

Awesome! =)
que sera sera on air once upon time in saengchori crazy for you
Mine would be "Stars falling from the sky". Its literally A-W-E-S-O-M-E
Elisabetta wrote: My hidden gems:

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi - the story is so messed up that it's hilarious - surprisingly I really enjoyed it :) Plus dorky version of Tamaki Hiroshi

Yume wo kanaeru zo - that show always lifts me up.

Yes to both!

My hidden gems (all Japanese): [list]

[*] Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (super cute)
[*]Moteki (the best "awkward guy gets hot girl" story line that I've seen)
[*]Shomuni (<3<3<3 a more modern, Japanese version of the BritCom "Are You Being Served?")
[*]Shinya Shokudo(quiet and episodic)
[*] Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu (family)
[*] I've Been Married to Hell! (light family drama)
[*]Aishiteru (very emotional, and much better than the second season)
[/list]
defs prosecutor princess. park shi hoo's performance in that drama was outstanding and the storyline was very intricate and detailed. and whats more the ending isnt badly written. overall a wonderful drama. highly recommend it.
What's Up and White Christmas - both seriously awesome
BurningBoiceM wrote: Mine would be "Stars falling from the sky". Its literally A-W-E-S-O-M-E

I SECOND THAT! :D definatley a good drama to watch, it was amazingly funny ^_^
BurningBoiceM wrote: Mine would be "Stars falling from the sky". Its literally A-W-E-S-O-M-E

It is nice but ...kinda well known and new drama - so it isnt hidden gem but popular gem.

Hidden gem is usually littlebit older drama what is forgotten by everyone but actually is good drama with good actors, it isnt mainstream one and this is reason why so few people know it. Think about word - "hidden"

I add one more ( i posted already some earlier) :

Cheap Love - http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/2585/cheap-love

Then you would probably like Engine, the kids are adorable in it too :)
Raincat wrote: Hidden gem is usually littlebit older drama what is forgotten by everyone but actually is good drama with good actors, it isnt mainstream one and this is reason why so few people know it. Think about word - "hidden"

Agreed. I don't think it necessarily has to be older though. Also, you can check the statistics on a drama on MDL if you're not sure :)