Hi. I was wondering other than the big well known Dramas (any country) which are your favourite/recommended underrated/smaller "indie" type dramas. Ones with lesser known actors, shorter stories or ones that you feel not many people have watched but you think are really amazing or just really different & interesting. Share your hidden gems. Here are some of mine: Holyland (Japan) Kingyo Club Aozora no Tamago Strawberry On the Shortcake White Christmas Long Love Letter Clone Baby Quartet Voice Water Boys II Brother Beat Last Money ~ Price of Love Tenshi no Wakemae
Mine is: Yukan Club
Mine is: Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta
Pantheria wrote: Hi. I was wondering other than the big well known Dramas (any country) which are your favourite/recommended underrated/smaller "indie" type dramas. Ones with lesser known actors, shorter stories or ones that you feel not many people have watched but you think are really amazing or just really different & interesting. Share your hidden gems. Here are some of mine:

Holyland (Japan)
Kingyo Club
Aozora no Tamago
Strawberry On the Shortcake
White Christmas
Long Love Letter
Clone Baby
Quartet
Voice
Water Boys II
Brother Beat
Last Money ~ Price of Love
Tenshi no Wakemae

Kingyo Club, Quartet and Brother Beat like you said ^^

And then my adds to the list.... I've watched way too many dramas and here is only minority :'DD

Japanese dramas:
100 Scene no Koi (it's a mini drama and I doubt many has watched it)
Honey & Clover
Gal Circle
Taiyo to Umi no Kyoshitsu (this one is a must watch)
Ame to Yume no Ato ni (this one also)
Gakko ja Oshierarenai (and this too)
Akihabara @ Deep
Sh15uya
Seito Shokun
Innocent Love
Bokura no Yuuki
Celeb to Binbo Taro
Summer Snow
Gachi Baka
Fuma no Kojiro
RH Plus
Joshi Deka
Unfair
Real Clothes
A Million Stars Falling From The Sky
Saru Lock
Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru
Home Drama
Byakuyako/Midnight Sun Journey
14 Sai no Haha
Sunao ni Narenakute
Densha Otoko
Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake
Utsukushii Rinjin
Last Friends
IS ~Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei~
Tokyo Ghost Trip
11 Nin mo Iru

Korean dramas:
Invincible Lee Pyung Kang
Hong Gil Dong
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
Pasta
City Hall
Baby-Faced Beauty
Manny
Hero (Lee Jun Ki drama)
Time Between Dog and Wolf
Hello My Teacher / Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
Hello!Miss
Wonderful Life
The Vineyard Man
I Need Romance
I just loved White Christmas.....it was so interesting to watch! I've also seen 100 Scene no Koi, but it wasn't so amazing to me. Wonderful Life was great as well. I have some too as well: Stand Up!! Anego 18, Censoring or Not? ( it was a really funny one) The World That They Live In Sweet Room Arifureta Kiseki ( Ireally loved this one...but there aren't manny that have seen it) Little Girl K Utsukushii Rinjin So this are the ones from me
HAVA-RAVA wrote:
Korean dramas:
Invincible Lee Pyung Kang
Hong Gil Dong
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
Pasta
City Hall
Baby-Faced Beauty
Manny
Hero (Lee Jun Ki drama)
Time Between Dog and Wolf
Hello My Teacher / Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
Hello!Miss
Wonderful Life
The Vineyard Man
I Need Romance

I would definitely second Pasta, City Hall, Time Between Dog and Wolf, and Biscuit Teacher. Not that they're completely hidden, but I definitely don't hear enough buzz about them, and they certainly deserve it.

Adding:
What's Up Fox
http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/1036/whats-up-fox

Next
http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/2928/next

Both Korean, but 'Next' is arguably one of my favorite dramas, and almost nobody has seen it. :(
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Manhattan Love Story

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/612/manhattan-love-story

Oooh that reminds me; I keep meaning to finish that one. Thanks for thr reminder LOL. :)

HAVA-RAVA: Ah RHPlus. I forgot to add that to my list. Definitely an interesting one that I think a lot of people overlook!
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Manhattan Love Story

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/612/manhattan-love-story

I'm going to watch that, just because you recommended it ^_^ ( Actually I am half an episode in - life interrupted and I haven't got a chance to finish it yet...)

My hidden gems:

Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi - the story is so messed up that it's hilarious - surprisingly I really enjoyed it :) Plus dorky version of Tamaki Hiroshi

Yume wo kanaeru zo - that show always lifts me up.
My hidden gem is:

Harvest Villa seriously excellent k-drama that so few people have watched. Shin Ha Kyun and Baek Yoon Sik - dark humour, mystery, suspense (and love)
White Christmas (Kr)
What's Up (Kr)
Smile (Jp)
Cat Street (Jp)
Long Love Letter (Jp)
Q10 (Jp)
Feast of Gods - A very good Korean drama, with a interesting plot and a beautiful love
14 Sai No Aha (Jp) Soulmate (Jp)
VioletSakura wrote: White Christmas (Kr)
What's Up (Kr)
Smile (Jp)
Cat Street (Jp)
Long Love Letter (Jp)
Q10 (Jp)

So many there I like too. :)