hello everyone I'm new here and new to asian drama. I like sad drama that has male lead who is sick, whatever kind of sickness is ok but I'm not into romance much so I would appreciate it if you recommend me with ones that have family or friendship.  I watched my friend is still alive and fell in love with it. Hope you could help me. Thank you 

Punch? It's a thriller, though.
Boku no ita jikan a jdrama
also my annoying brother kmovie
Nirvana in Fire. Hands down, it is rated as the best drama in China so far. It's very sad with a sick male lead and the plot is superb. It might be pretty complicated for some but it's super good. It's a historical drama though...There's tons of loyalty/friendship too. The romance in this drama is suited for you too, there's the romance but the drama did not put emphasis on it. The female lead doesn't even appear that much. 
Ruler of Your Own World (but has a pretty heavy emphasis on romance - I'm halfway through this and it's good, very low-key and mellow (not melo lol) even though it's ancient)
Flowers for My Life (also some romance, but also plenty of friendship and family moments - highly recommended)
God's Quiz (kind of - I've only seen season 1, so I don't even know what exactly is wrong with him, haha.  Very little romance involved, but I don't know that I would classify this as "sad", more like dark with bits of humor)
Algernon ni Hanataba o ---> has romance but mainly friendship
Autumn's Concerto ---> has romance
Beautiful Rain ---> family and friendship. No romance
Boku no Ita Jikan ---> romance and family

That Love ---> has romance
Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru ---> family

Boku no ita Jikan
It's okay That's love
I'm sorry I love you
Kill me Heal me
Thank you all for being this helpful :) I'm going to start watching them to see what I like most and I would appreciate any new recommendation 
I'm Sorry I Love You with So Ji Sub ... it's an older kdrama but so good!
Can You Hear My Heart - the main lead becomes deaf after a tragic accident; although it is quite long and it has romance too, it is quite family oriented and it doesn't get boring
Babo: Miracle of a Giving Fool (movie) - involves mental issues and it focuses on the family; really beautiful
Shoot My Heart (movie) - the main character suffers from schizophrenia; it mainly focuses on the friendship developed between 2 people in an unfortunate place
Mr. Perfect (movie) - mc can't speak, but he gets help from a newly found friend
Good Doctor - mc has autism; it has a bit of romance too, but it's more of a medical drama
Remember – War of the Son - the main lead has Alzheimer; it's a thriller drama
Uncontrollably Fond - mc suffers from a terminal disease; it's based on romance though
Falling for Innocence - the male lead has heart problems; it has romance too
Hello, God - male lead has mental issues; it has romance

Just wanted to share?

List:

FALLING FOR INNOCENCE  (Cardiomyopathy I guess)

IT’S OK THAT’S LOVE (Mental Illness)

SOMEONE LIKE YOU (It’s Taiwan I guess)

SORRY I LOVE YOU (Japanese)

MY FIRST LOVE I GIVE TO YOU (I guess it’s the translation. It’s a Japanese movie wherein the guy suffers a heart disease and his doctor had said that he can only live his life at the age of 20.)

UNCONTOLLABLY FOND (It’s a good Kdrama)

KILL ME HEAL ME (Mental Illness-split personality)

“I AM NOT A ROBOT” (It just  aired last december 2017 and I guess it pass the criteria of having a sick male lead. It’s awesome and can’t wait for the next ep.)

Uhm....does anyone of you knows a drama wherein the lead female is a nurse taking care of an heir? I think it’s Taiwan or Kdrama. I found the drama when I’m in grade school and I wanted to finish it. I forgot the title.

In Jealousy Incarnate, the ML has breast cancer. There is some focus on friendship, but the main focus is on romance.