The temperature is dropping slowly where I live, and the holiday season is my favorite time of the year. I know we've got a little ways to go until Christmas season, but I wish to be prepared for when I finish the dramas that I am currently watching. Please recommend me your favorite dramas/movies that have Christmas/related themes or that you think could fit in that category. Also, warnings against certain dramas can be helpful. Much appreciated!
Will it snow for Christmas, Tree of Heaven and Winter Sonata , they're not related to Christmas but they're set in the winter, also My Girl, If I remember well :)
I think this topic would make for a wonderful article on the front page. Unfortunately I can't think of any dramas/movies that have holiday settings for the entire drama. My Girl did have an ok holiday feel for an episode or two but thats about all.
Dal Ja's Spring! Though contradictory to its drama title, It has heartwarming Christmas scenes. Also, If I remember correctly, Queen of Reversals! Those two were good dramas! :)
The Snow Queen

Its not about Xmas, but its very good and emotional and it got Hyun Bin in it!

ahhhh and I watched this a few days ago.

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/1300/waraeru-koi-wa-shitakunai

Its set at the Xmas time and is really better than I thoufght. 3 eps are short!
White Christmas is set during a school's Christmas break. It's a dark drama, but it does fit. ^^
Sleepninja wrote: White Christmas is set during a school's Christmas break. It's a dark drama, but it does fit. ^^

I just wanted to recommend White Christmas as well - it's rather sinister, though.
Thank you, all! I'll look into those right now. I did watch White Christmas a few months ago and enjoyed it immensely. Also, thanks for reminding me about The Snow Queen. I've heard about it before but never got around to watching it.
My Girl is the only one that comes to mind for me, and it only has some parts of it based around Christmas time. :( I would really like some recommendations for this as well!!
Just googled for it and found the following: Winter Sonata Will It Snow for Christmas Secret Garden Spring Waltz Winter Bird When Spring Comes My Girl Hotelier Papa Queen of the Game Sweet 18 Snow Flower Christmas Gift Last Christmas Don't ask me, though, whether the dramas I just listed are set around Christmas/winter. ;) I think I would like to watch a cozy, snowy drama as well - one you watch with a hot chocolate in your hands. Any (additional) ideas?
There's J-drama called Xmas Nante Daikirai but I haven't seen it XD
Devil Beside You. I've never seen such a good use of a Christmas tree in a drama
Fuben na Benriya takes place in Hokkaido during winter. the characters are surrounded by nothing but snow
Love Letter - beautiful story and winter scenery
I don't know any about Christmas though