Looking for shows similar to Brain man, Ouroboros and Border.

Please don't include any comedies, melodramas and I don't mind if there is a little romance/chemistry with the main characters but please nothing that's heaped in tons of cliches and where any and all storyline is ruined by "these two could end up together".

JAPANESE:

Maou

Crisis

N no tame ni

Cold case

Kazoku game

The quiz show 2

Ryusei no kizuna

Orthros no Inu

Liar game

KOREAN:

Signal

Voice

Lookout

Tunnel

JAPANESE:

Maou - Seen, was pretty good no complaints on story, acting was a little stiff in places.

Crisis - Not seen yet will give it a go.

N no tame ni - Not seen yet will give it a go as well.

Cold case - While I should have been a fan of this I found it quite boring, never made it past episode 2.

Kazoku game - Brillitant show, Sakurai Sho does a great job in this one.

The quiz show 2 - I'm going to assume The Quiz Show 1 comes included on this recommendation? Seen it on quite a few times on sites but thought it might be too tongue and cheek.

Ryusei no kizuna - I think I've tried watching this one before, not entirely sure though, will give it another go.

Orthros no Inu - I've seen a similar drama where a boy has the power to heal and in the end he dies saving someone, is this one similar?

Liar game - Same thoughts on this as Quiz Show.

KOREAN:

Signal - Seen it, loved it, would recommend it to anyone who asks for anything in that genre.

Voice - Loved it more than Signal, would again recommend anyone to watch it.

Lookout - While it's supposed to be a darker drama with people overcoming their demons it's just not, too lighthearted and not gritty enough in my opinion.

Tunnel - Nowhere near as good as Signal and Voice, has a pretty ok storyline but I feel like the story comes second fiddle to the characters over dramatizing every detail.

Adam_from_England:
The quiz show 2 - I'm going to assume The Quiz Show 1 comes included on this recommendation? Seen it on quite a few times on sites but thought it might be too tongue and cheek.

The quiz show 2 is a remake of The quiz show so you don't have to see that in order to see the quiz show 2. I recommend the remake over the 1st one.

Adam_from_England:
Orthros no Inu - I've seen a similar drama where a boy has the power to heal and in the end he dies saving someone, is this one similar?

Hmm... I think this is the one you say, since there's one guy with thw power to heal and the other with the power to kill, so at the end the one with the power to heal dies saving the other one with the power to kill.

Adam_from_England:
Cold case - While I should have been a fan of this I found it quite boring, never made it past episode 2.

I had the same difficulty with this one I think is due to 1 year time skip they have on the 2nd episode, I did struggle and wanted to dropp it on that episode but it got better, it wasn't a masterpiece dramas but it was an ok drama.

And from the japanese ones you haven't seen yet I recommend you start with N no tame Ni.

And other recommendations I just remember:

Suna no utsuwa (2004)

Triangle