I'm halfway through Stranger/Secret Forest and its so good. 

My favourite kdramas, I think these are all worth a try ;)

Healer (action, romance)

Romantic dr. Teacher Kim (romance, medical,drama)

Special affairs team ten (psychological, investigation)

Bad guys (crime/investigation)

Im not watch  k drama before but now im Addicted super addicted!here is my favorite k drama m You should try 

Shopping king Louise - Light and Fluffy i love the actor  Seo In Guk

Weightlifting fairy 

Sassy go go

Strong woaman

Heartstring

May only love song

Hwarang 

Goblin 

My love from the star

Queen in hyuns man

Secret Romance

Reply 1997 

Emergency Couple 

marriage not dating 

Rooftop prince 

Secret garden

Legend of the blue sea 

Goong

Descendants of the sun 

Fight for my way

W

Love in the moonlight 

Hit on tophigh end crush 

My girlfriend is gumiho

Jessica:

'while you were sleeping'. it's very good and has a really good story! but i'm going to check out more of your suggestions thank you so much for writing those suggestions for me. it means a lot. 

Anytime! Let me know which ones you liked so we can fangirl about them together. :D 

jubies33:

I'm halfway through Stranger/Secret Forest and its so good. 

Oh I love, love, love that drama. It has you on the edge of your seat! 

Jessica:

So, I've always watched Japanese dramas because I came from Anime, but I heard Korean dramas are really good. The problem is I don't know where to start! 

I like a bunch of genres but I'd prefer if you listed anything to do with crime, detective, romance, psychological, emotional, life lessons. i like stories that are powerful, and sometimes, i like comedy, but i like the above genres very much! 

It doesn't have to be these genres; it can just be a drama you really like! I just want to get into these dramas! 

My love from the Star

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Ju 

Goblin

Start with these, a few of my favorites. 

Voice
White Christmas
Remember: War of the Son
Save Me
Bad Guys
Defendant
The Guardians
Signal
49 Days
Age of Youth
Circle
Bring It On, Ghost
Page Turner
Vampire Detective 

Mad dog (Currently airing)
Black (Currently airing)

I think Healer is one of the best possible choices for a starter drama, especially if you like a good mix of romance and action. My friend began with My Love From The Star and it got her into the drama world~ pretty successfully, so maybe that as well? Tbh, the ones I started on (Playful Kiss, Boys Over Flowers) I probably wouldn't touch now. If you really want to see the ones that started it all for most drama watchers, the Endless Love series (Autumn in my Heart, Winter Sonata, etc), Boys Over Flowers, Stairway to Heaven, My Lovely Sam Soon, Coffee Prince, Goong, Dong Yi, The Reply series (Reply 1997, 1994, 1988), DOTS, Secret Garden, etc are musts. There'll likely be a genre that stands out for you and you'll delve further into it -- aka if you end up liking Healer, I'd rec anything from Empress Ki (when you feel ready for ~longer/historical shows) to Signal (a crime/action masterpiece without the romance aspect). Since you started from anime, maybe look into shows with the same ~feeling as liveactions (for this, I'd recommend Hong Sisters dramas, Sassy GoGo, R1997, Moonlight Drawn By Flowers...) Maybe take a look at my list of favourites (those I'd rec to pretty much anyone) or the lists of anyone who has responded, everyone has different taste, but you'll find a lot of the same stuff being ranked highest.

DeeDeeDee:

Oh I love, love, love that drama. It has you on the edge of your seat! 

Yes! I just finished it and it was fantastic. I'm still not ready to let go... the suspense was great,but I fell in love with the characters too

thank you everyone for the suggestions! i'll be sure to watch a lot of them since they all look so good! recently, i came down with a bad cold so i'm staying home from school two days and i have the weekend too. i'll watch some during my time off! 

MyDramaObsession:

What are your favorite doramas? I started watching Kdrama after watching anime/dorama and reading manga.

There are a lot of dorama that have Kdrama versions to Like Liars Game (same name), Hana Kimi (to the beautiful you), Itazura na Kiss(playful kiss), hana yori dango (boys over flowers), ikemen desu ni (you're beautiful).  Just a few off the top of my head. 

There are so many great kdramas across genres that I could go on for days :) but if you have some absolute favorite Japanese movies/series you like we might know similar ones to recommend?

i really liked anything that was a death note drama, movie, live action, anything related to death note since there were so many doramas. my top favorites would be ouroboros and maou. i enjoyed the japanese movie 'confessions' because it had the psychological aspect and a really well made story. i really stick with deep stories, romance or the criminal/detective ones

Innoncent defendant and Descendants of the sun are my 2 favourite dramas. Ive seen people making long lists so i wont add more than that but there are sooooo many good dramas.

But also check a lot, not only the "best rated" because sometimes you can get disappointed. As for me there are only 2 dramas that i have sarted and couldnt finish, it's Goblin (which is said to be one of the best) and The King in Love.

Good luck and get ready not to have a life anymore ;)

Welcome to the kdramasphere !

Jessica:

i really liked anything that was a death note drama, movie, live action, anything related to death note since there were so many doramas. my top favorites would be ouroboros and maou. i enjoyed the japanese movie 'confessions' because it had the psychological aspect and a really well made story. i really stick with deep stories, romance or the criminal/detective ones

I usually like lighter shows but these are some I liked that might be close to what you like. Many of them have supernatural elements but not over the top:

The DevilI
I Remember You
Signal  
The Girl Who See Smells
W two worlds
Circle
I Hear Your Voice
Healer
Young Pal  
Vampire Prosecutor

Hope you enjoy them!

Just make sure you finish watching Kurosagi