I hate sad endings, but I really enjoy serious/sad/dark shows that explore human suffering? Which sounds messed up but I like shows that explore how we cope and heal and learn to love after tragic or traumatic things happen to us. 

I've just started Just Between Lovers (which I think is on the path to a happy ending, fingers crossed) and I'd really like to find something that deals with the same sort of thing? If you aren't watching it it deals with the aftermath of an accident and how, years later, that accident has shaped and effected the lives of the people involved in it. 

Well, you have to check pd nim just between lovers previous project. The innocent man aka nice guy. Though the ending is abit confusing for some lol

• Ms. Perfect - mystery / thriller with a bit of romance
  • Hello Monster - criminal profilers going after murderers with a little bit of romance
  • The K2 - former mercenary becomes a bodyguard 

The Village: Achiara's Secret

Jewel in the Palace

Tunnel

Chicago Typewriter

Hello Monster / I Remember You

Save Me

Circle

Liar Game

Stars Falling From the Sky- the female lead starts off as self centered, but after her parents die and she and her siblings become homeless,  she's forced to change for the sake of her younger siblings. 

Me too, Flower! - Female lead suffers from depression. It's actually handled well, and her issues with her family come out slowly during the drama.