Example:

" Miss Ripley " is a 2011 Korean drama based on the real life case of Shin Jung Ah, a university professor and art curator at Dongguk University who was discovered to have forged her credentials in order to get hired, with the help of her boyfriend (then presidential secretary) Byun Yang Kyoon, and embezzled funds from the art gallery's corporate sponsorship. Stars Lee Da Hae & Park Yoo Chun.

~ I liked this drama. I can relate to the story & it's well acted. These type of dramas have values we can apply in real life too...any other drama recommendations?

Bachelor’s Vegetable Store (2012)

https://mydramalist.com/16003-the-legendary-tycoon

My Wife is having an affair this week, is base of an online post that went virus.

Densha Otoko

1 litre of tears

Movies:

Cart - its about contract workers who went o strike because they were treated unfairly. 

Bad Genius - its about thai students who cheated during STIC exams (i just yesterday watched that movie, its really good!)

Drama:

Weiglifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - sort of? The character of kim bok joo is based on famous korean weightlifter. Idk if any part of the story is as much as inspired by her life

1 litre of tears, and not sure if these count but they are based on true sotries

Saimdang Light's Diary, 

Princess Weiyoung

The Empress of China

Bu Bu Jing Qing

A Taxi Driver is based on true events. My friend told me that her mom was in the midst of the events that happened in that movie. 

Jejoongwon- Based on a real guy who went from being a butcher (the lowest class in Korea at the time) to being a doctor. The hospital in the show is real too, as well as a lot of the supporting cast. 

Silenced- Based on a real case that happened. 

This is a bit of a stretch but Faith- the main guy General Choi Yeong is real, the king and the queen are real, but that's where it ends, nothing else about the drama is true.

Salty_bae:
Cart - its about contract workers who went o strike because they were treated unfairly.

And then you'd actually want Awl, which is the drama based on the same real-life events ;)

(I've seen both and both are totally worth the watch but I would give the slight edge to Awl.)

Jewel in the Palace (Based on real historical events of a Joseon palace cook who becomes the first female royal physician)

Empress Ki (Based loosely on the historical figure of the same name)

Tunnel (Based on the Hwaseong Serial Murders)

Signal (Based on the Hwaseong Serial Murders)