I recently watched Nirvana in Fire for the 2nd time. The plot was more intriguing. I am sure i will be as if not more fascinated even if i watch it 3 times.
I am also following the sequel.. wind blows in changlin.. as the eng sub is released.

While i am in the wait, i discovered Advisors Alliance to be reviewed in the same category.

I want to ask if the 42 hours spent for the 42 episodes is worth it...?

Should i watch Advisors Alliance?

I tend to like dramas starring young actors.

Hey! I understand that the number of old actors may make you hesitant (my mom refuses to watch this show because she says there are no eye-candy haha), but give it a shot. There are other characters who will appear later in the drama that are younger too. The main cast (or characters that appear in the beginning arcs) are older, but certainly not boring. The show has humour at times, and has many dramatic moments. The music, acting and directing just makes the whole thing so epic.  But i think what i really love about this drama are the characters, their motivations and dilemmas.  Although they are all fighting for what they believe in, sometimes politics in court and friendship may stand in their way, and it is interesting to see their thought process through these struggles, and their final decision. The supporting characters carry a lot more depth than i'd say, NiF (that's just my opinion though, haha). 

I had to watch the first episode twice because i was a little confused with the characters, but once i reached the 2nd episode, i was instantly hooked. I hope you'll like this drama too. 

Thankyou for you advise.  I was hesitating to watch this drama. Wanted to give it a try only if it is very good :) 

Maybe you should watch it, at least I think you should definitely try! And give it a few episodes... sometimes the first episode can be confusing and it was with this drama, I think! 

Acting, music and so on is indeed very good, and like ItsRyia said, it has humour. But, um... I don't know... If you ask me, I don't think it's half as good as NiF (or other historical dramas I've watched like Six Flying Dragons and Gunshi Kanbei). I did like it in the beginning and thought it was interesting, but then I got bored with it. I have to admit I dropped it. I can't really explain why, except in some ways the characters didn't move me anymore, and I didn't care about their motivations?

So... Now you've got two different opinions! I guess that means that people just see things differently and the best thing to do is to try it yourself. :) If you don't mind me recommending another drama, I'll say that Tribes and Empires is better! But of course, that's not strictly historical, it's also a bit of fantasy.