I just finished watching Misty and all I can say is—although I'm pretty speechless right now—I was truly blown away by its writing, direction, and cinematography from beginning to end. I'm very impressed by the stellar performance of its cast and how the show managed to hook and get me thinking in every episode. Even though I personally think it still has its own flaws, Misty made such a huge impact on me that I'm left wanting for more.

For recommendations, I understand it's probably hard to find a drama that's extremely similar and as great so I'm thinking it might help to state few factors that made me really like Misty (beside those already mentioned above):

• Go Hye Ran - A very strong and persistent woman who is extremely good and exceptionally fearless at what she does for a living. A Female Lead who knows what she's doing and would do anything to get what she wants, regardless of what others would say about her. Someone you would root for as she (successfully) tries to break norms and the status quo. (example: reminds me of Choi Yoo Jin in The K2 and Xin Yue in Sound of the Desert)
  • Mature and developed romance - A not so typical and multi-layered relationship between leads. Go Hye Ran and Kang Tae Wook may not have a perfect marriage at all but the way they support and understand each other was extraordinary, in my opinion. It was heartbreaking, but at the same time, it was incredibly moving. I don't have any problem with its ending as it seemed reasonable and consistent to me but I would really appreciate a drama recommendation with a much more satisfying (and preferably happy ending) for the main couple. (example: reminds me of Because This Is My First Life)
  • Complex characters and satisfying character developments - This drama did a good job providing convincing motivations for most of the characters' actions. They may not always be that evident, but the way they were done (or maybe unraveled) helped a lot (for me, it did) for the viewers to relate to the characters. They felt more humane and realistic to me.

It doesn't have to share the same genres as Misty. Anything is fine as long as they have most of the qualifications I've described and/or they reminded you (so much) of or gave you the same feeling/vibes as Misty. Thank you so much!

Definitely Woman of Dignity

asena:

Definitely Woman of Dignity

Seems interesting. Will watch it today, thank you!

Great White Tower if you dont mind a male lead, the masterpiece in this ambition genre

Empire of Gold, not much on romance

Queen Insoo, batshit crazy ambition, main female lead is scary

DaeJangGuem, revenge gradually turns into career excellence, she excels in what she does breaking the norms in two different entirely different fields. Subtle but strong romance

Actually KimNamJoo plays a strong independant woman with mature romance and one of the best couples ever in "my husband got a family" but it lacks strong ambition

I didn't actually watch Misty yet (I'm saving it) but the #1 thing that comes to mind is The Good Wife, especially in terms of a cool, level-headed FL and complex characters. Mixed views on the romance, but I loved it. I had such bad withdrawal after watching it that I posted for similar recs and got like 1 response--that's how special you could tell the drama was. 

Others:

- Angry Mom (FL, complex characters)

- Eternal Love/TBPB (FL, epic but not necessarily mature romance)

3ngin33r:
Great White Tower

This really looks like a masterpiece kind of drama! As of the moment, however, I'm focusing more on finding a strong female character as the lead.

Nonetheless, Empire of Gold and My Husband Got A Family caught my interest. I've read that the former has an excellent writing so count me in!! (By the way, did you like its ending?) As for the latter, I'm currently watching My Father Is Strange—which is also a family drama—so I'm thinking of watching it next.

Anyway, thank you so much for the recommendations! I've already watched Jewel in the Palace and it was great! Not sure about Queen Insoo, though. Did you find the female lead likable at least? :)

I haven't watch it as well but seeing how I've heard noting but good reviews I just might have to give it a chance. I can recommend:

Money Flower- Complex and griping with a bit of romance but its not the main focus

Secret Love Affair- Strong FL with great romance its an affair though lol

Empire of Gold had a fitting end,  the pasts of characters do not allow for much leeway

Insoo is like the 2nd female lead in most dramas who will do whatever it takes to win but actually does win. Kind of like Princess Wei Young in novel but even more daring in certain aspects. Its hard to judge people in harem fights as it not only affects their position but the lives of their families and anyone even remotely connected to them. I cannot say more without spoiling the drama

There are quite a few 50 hour family dramas that are pretty good