Give me stories of love breaking society's rigid rules, please. I'm a bit tired of royal princes atm though.

These three things are important in what I'm looking for:

-- the FL is of a higher class than the ML (the bigger the difference, the better). 

-- the love is mutual.

-- it is a period piece.

Apart from that, it doesn't really matter.

-- it can be a drama or a movie. Or an anime.  (or a webtoon or anything, really)

-- it can be set in any place and any time in history as long as it is not modern times. Up until the 1950's, perhaps?

-- from any country. 

-- any kind of ending, good, bad, bittersweet, open, is fine. (no spoilers please)

-- focusing a lot on non-romancy stuff, like action or politics, is totally ok.

-- violence, nudity, sex, strong language etc are not a problem.

• Mirror of the witch
 fanitha:
  • Mirror of the witch

Oh, thank you. It's already on my to watch list, but I didn't know it had such a romance in it. That just made it climb up a few notches. Thank you so much.

Yllejord:

Oh, thank you. It's already on my to watch list, but I didn't know it had such a romance in it. That just made it climb up a few notches. Thank you so much.

I remember another one: My Sassy Girl

Glad to be of help :)

And if you're really looking for anything from any country: 

fanitha:

I remember another one: My Sassy Girl

Glad to be of help :)

That wasn't even on my radar. Thanks a lot <3

AH:

And if you're really looking for anything from any country: 

I've watched Gu Gamily Book a few years back. I remember the romance was really cute indeed.
Princess Man is waiting for it's turn. I didn't know such a thing happens in it either, so thank you very much.

(Titanic is a given when we speak about this sort of romances, isn't it? I was thinking more about countries that MDL covers, but sure, litterally *any* country is actually cool too <3 Thank you ^_^)