Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a historical drama as long as it is from Japan or Korea. I've seen a few, so if anyone could recommend something like The Princess' Man, Rebel: Thief who stole the people or Jewel in the Palace, I would appreciate it! :D

I have some historical dramas on my PTW List, so if you could recommend any drama outside that list, it would be great!

Can only recommend korean dramas:

• Queen Seondeok
  • Seven Day Queen
  • Maids
  • chuno
  • DongYi
  • Painter of the Wind
  • Jumong
  • Tree of with deep roots
  • Ja Myung go
  • Sungkyunkwan Scndal
  • Iljimae
  • Conspiracy of court

I dont know if you are up for it, but maybe some fusion of historical and supernatural genre:

• The moon That embraces the sun
  • Arang and the Magistrate
  • Faith
  • Scholar whp walks at night
  • Rooftop prince

empress ki

ashi girl (only historical japanese drama i’ve seen lol)

grand prince 

queen for seven days 

jung yi goddess of fire 

Japan- After the Flowers, Azumi, Bakumatsu, Blade of the Immortal, Hana Moyu, Hidamari no Ki, Izo, Jin, Kakekomi, Kamui Gaiden, Nobunaga Concerto, Onna Nobunaga, Rurouni Kenshin. Ryoma den, Seven Samurai, Shinsengumi, The last Revenge, When the last sword is drawn, Yae no Sakura. 

Korea- Arang and the magistrate, Joseon Gunman, Iljimae, Kundo, Moon lovers Scarlet heart ryeo.  There's also a korean version of Jin. 

Six Flying Dragons (best kdrama ever for me) or Queen Seondeok.

Czakhareina:

Can only recommend korean dramas:

• Queen Seondeok
  • Seven Day Queen
  • Maids
  • chuno
  • DongYi
  • Painter of the Wind
  • Jumong
  • Tree of with deep roota
  • Ja Myunggo
  • Sungkyunkwan Scndal
  • Iljimae
  • Conspiracy of court

I dont know if you are up for it, but maybe some fusion of historical and supernatural genre:

• The moon That embraces the sun
  • Arang and the Magistrate
  • Faith
  • Scholar whp walks at night
  • Rooftop prince

Thank you! I added some of the dramas you recommended. I only have one question about:

1. Maids - I read the synopsis and it felt like it told almost the whole story. Can you tell me if there's more to it? (No spoilers please)

lololol:

empress ki

ashi girl (only historical japanese drama i’ve seen lol)

grand prince 

queen for seven days 

jung yi goddess of fire 

Some of them are on my PTW List and I've watched Queen for Seven Days. Thanks anyway :D

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Kythedreamer:

Japan- After the Flowers, Azumi, Bakumatsu, Blade of the Immortal, Hana Moyu, Hidamari no Ki, Izo, Jin, Kakekomi, Kamui Gaiden, Nobunaga Concerto, Onna Nobunaga, Rurouni Kenshin. Ryoma den, Seven Samurai, Shinsengumi, The last Revenge, When the last sword is drawn, Yae no Sakura. 

Korea- Arang and the magistrate, Joseon Gunman, Iljimae, Kundo, Moon lovers Scarlet heart ryeo.  There's also a korean version of Jin. 

Thank you! I added the ones that interested me ^^ 

Laura:

Six Flying Dragons (best kdrama ever for me) or Queen Seondeok.

Thank you! I've already added Queen Seondeok! About Six Flying Dragons...I know that a lot of people loved that drama and there are excelent reviews about it, but is there any truth to the story? I mean, I like it when there are nonfictional facts addressed in the story. Can you tell me if the drama is 100% fictional? 

marylin511:

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Thank you, but I've already watched that drama ^^

I can second Chuno and Painter of the Wind, both good.

I don't see that anyone's mentioned Legend, which has a bit more of a fantasy bent, but I found it really enjoyable.

I also just finished Kingdom of the Winds, same era as Legend (Goguryeo, which seems a little underrepresented in kdramaland).  I wouldn't rank it up there with the other three I mentioned, but it was an interesting drama as well.  

There were added some fictional characters and the storytelling is obviously dramatized, but the story follows pretty much the real historicals events which brought to the foundation of Joseon Dynasty.
Out of the 6 main characters, 3 are real historical figures:
- Yi Bang Won
- Sambong, Jung Do Jeon
- Yi Seong Gye

And the other 3 are fictional:
- Yi Bang Ji/Ddang Sae
- Moo Hyul
- Boon Yi

The story is gripping and lots happen in every episode, and there are lots of wonderful fighting scenes.
Six Flying Dragons, Queen Seondeok and A Tree With Deep Root are all written by the same screewriters. They have a new project, and I look forward to watch it: https://mydramalist.com/28116-aseudal

I love very much historical dramas (whether they tells real history or are fantasy ones), so I mostly watch Chinese dramas. My favourite genre is political like Nirvana in Fire, which I consider the Chinese version of Six Flying Dragons and viceversa (but the two of them have nothing to do with each other).

I agree, I've loved Chuno and Deep Rooted Tree ... both are for a marathon. 

I can recommend many coz I love historical drama,

1. Horse Doctor-Don't be discourage with the low rating because this was my favorite historical medical drama. :) :)

2. Chuno

3. Deep Rooted Tree

4. Queen Seon Duk

5. Nirvana in Fire

6. Journey of Flower

7.The Disguiser

8. Ja Myunggo