OldAnimeLady:
Kazoku Game

I watched the first epi... I was an emotional wreck afterwards -_-

Watched Yamaneko already and that was a great twist. Heard that Narimiya retired and that broke my heart :'-(

ShotaSidePart:

I watched the first epi... I was an emotional wreck afterwards -_-

Watched Yamaneko already and that was a great twist. Heard that Narimiya retired and that broke my heart :'-(

I  own kazoku game on dvd I love   it so much, trust me after a breather  watch another ep it is one of sakurais best performances

i miss Narimiya too, he is the villian in bloody monday and its sequel

White Christmas has like three different people who in their own way kind of match what you're asking for. 

I strongly second The Great Queen Seon Deok (there are not enough words or emotions to express my undying love for Mishil)

Silenced (not to be confused with The Silenced) but this is more a story of monsters than likeable villains. 

quote:
"This doesn't have to be just a cop/ serial killer type thing but even something like an evil parent keeping two lovers apart.
The main focus though is a very smart bad guy that doesn't get caught until the end OR possibly the bad guy getting away would be fine."

- it sounds like the exact description of Zhan Shi Li (Cambrian Period)

I'm not sure what type of chess he has there, but he plays it often and talks about chess - I guess it symbolizes he's ahead of others by being a strategist and planning his moves, he makes impression of somebody who cannot be shattered by anything, he uses cold calculation and acts with stoic calm.

Maybe he's not a "main focus" because the main focus is a pair of lovers, but that person is a base/pillar for the whole plot. Initially, he may not appear like that, but he gets more intense and terrifying. One of the greatest characters in the drama.

(not on your watchlist)

I Hear Your Voice - Min Joon Kook is one of the best villains. 

fiflydramalover:
White Christmas has like three different people who in their own way kind of match what you're asking for.

Yea I started that a couple weeks ago because the premise sounded so good- dropped it after the 3 epi -_- at that point I was forcing myself to watch

Punch (2014), Healer, Special Affairs Team TEN :-)