Hi to everyone! First this thread is not for you to surprise me okay? :D I'm kinda looking for dramas where the main lead is looked down upon or thought as weak but in reality has hidden potentials that suddenly surprises people around him. Or about changing for the better and changing people around him as well. If you watch anime I think you'll get what I mean if I say I'm looking for something similar to Naruto, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Eyeshield21, Kingdom. (Most of the leads there are children, they were underestimated but they surprised people around them). Hope you get what I mean. I'm looking forward to your recommendation (^u^) Thank you in advance :D
My recommendations would be: -City Hunter (no one knows he is a badass ;D) -Flower Boy Next Door (Since Enrique has a childish personality, no one thinks much of it.. but I think he helps them emotionally^^) - Love Keeps Going (the lead female does whatever she thinks will make her boyfriend happy, thus not revealing what she truly wants or her potential) I enjoyed them all, and think they fit (if not all the way through) at least in some ways what you're looking for :D
Try Bridal mask, Iljimae and Hong gil dong.
hmmm maybe these: Sungkyunkwan Scandal - Moon Jae Shin is thought of by many as lazy Asuko March! - maybe? The main girl is looked down upon by all of her classmates Hungry! - Eisuke is looked down upon by the owner of a fancy restaurant Nobuta Wo Produce - Nobuta is ostracized by classmates for being gloomy Kimi ni Todoke (movie) - is similar to Nobuta Wo Produce I think they all fit in one way or another. Also I second City Hunter.
There aren't many dramas that have the plot you described.
I wouldn't put City Hunter and Flower Boy Next Door in this category.
I didn't watch Bridal Mask and Iljiaime but Hong Gil Dong may fit here.
Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek is the drama that is currently airing and main character is true underdog but he tries hard and there is talent and perseverance.
Wow! Thanks a lot for all those recommendations! (^u^)
I would suggest : Tumbling, Yoiko no Mikata, and in some kind of ways Yankee-kun to Megane-chan... And I second Nobuta wo produce and Kimi ni todoke !!!