Please recommend me Chinese Historical dramas that have ZERO polygamy for the Male lead.  

I can’t stand the Male lead saying he loves the female lead but having and/or obtaining more wives for political or whatever reasons. 

I’m currently watching ‘Rule The World’ and I really find it too hurtful. 

By Chinese Historical I mean it can be anything : fantasy, wuxia, period, etc. 

I’ve watched the following Chinese Historical dramas: 

1. Rookie agent rogue

2. The mystic Nine

3. Oh My General

4. Cruel Romance 

5. Lady and Liar 

6. 10 Miles Peach Blossom

7.  Too Late to Say I Love You

8. This one with Zanilia zhao where she gets married in a doppleganger’s place

9.  Legend of a Flower 

10. Battle of Changsha 

Please please recommend dramas with happy endings. I appreciate your help! 

Thank you! 

As far as I can remember, the MLs in these dramas didn't have any other wives or concubines:

• Sound of the Desert - the ML declares that he will only marry when the whole world is at peace - i.e. never - to avoid being forced to marry anyone other than the FL; which means they live as an unmarried couple for a long time
  • The Eternal Love 2 (in the first season set in an alternate timeline so these details aren't relevant in the second season, the ML has two concubines that he avoids entirely because he knows they are spies, and after the FL becomes his princess consort he is also later forced to marry a second princess consort, but he makes a point of spending his wedding night with the FL and he constantly + truthfully reassures her that there is only one woman in his heart; she's also the only woman who shares his bed, ever)
  • Legend of Fu Yao - the ML has engaged to another woman for many years, but of course it was based off the SFL's scheme; she pretended to be the girl he had met and protected as a child; that girl of course turned out to be the FL

Also:

• The Princess Wei Young - when the FL's life is in danger, the ML is forced to promise the villain / SML that he will marry the FL's conniving older sister in exchange for saving the FL's life; its very angsty, but the ML is in complete agony and does it 100% for the FL's sake, not for selfish reasons; I mentioned the sister was conniving: she actually murdered the ML's mother in order to frame the FL for the crime; when the truth is discovered the sister kills herself so their forced relationship doesn't last too long; the ending is not 100% happy; it's bittersweet, but it's one of my absolute favourite drama endings; I found it very satisfying

@AH

Thank you so much for your recommendations! I forgot to add Sound of the Desert and Princess Weiyoung into the list. ^_^ you’re right. Princess Weiyoung was very angsty!

All of these involve fantasy and/or time travel.

Cinderella Chef

Oh! My Emperor

The Journey; warning: it has a sad ending, but the story was really fun

Fox in the Screen; has a somewhat ambiguous ending

Novoland: The Castle in the Sky; there are two endings to this one, one sad and one happy, if you look at the show page on this site you can see what episodes to watch if you'd prefer to see one ending over the other

Shuttle Love Millenium

Palace: The Lock Heart Jade

Love in Han Yuan;  I personally found the female lead frustrating

Also An Oriental Odyssey which has almost finished airing is one I'm really enjoying.

If you are interested in movies the film The Road Home is one of the cutest historical romance films I've ever seen.

@Sonme

Thank you so much for your recommendations! I'm super excited to watch them!! <3

Sonme:
Also An Oriental Odyssey

I've read a lot of people really hating on the FL and how she treats the ML. I've really wanted to watch this but reading all those comments is a little scary, I'll be honest.

i would suggest  'Ever Night'. This is ongoing series and it is pretty good.

@ soju

'An Oriental Odyssey'.At first you may feel like that...but try watching it is nice.I find Second half of the series is good.

@Renna, thank you for your suggestion! I trust you, I’ll definitely watch both dramas now after they are complete! Thank you once again!

I wanted to comment again since An Oriental Odyssey finally finished airing. I do agree that  the female lead is wishy washy with her affections for a while which gets annoying, but I enjoyed the series as a whole. I will say that the ending is a bit open to interpretation but I still think the show is worth a watch.

I also thought of a few other shows that you may enjoy.

Chef Fang; it's still being subbed but I've watched the first season and enjoyed it so far

Cuo Dian Yuan Yang

The Story of a Woodcutter and his Fox Wife