I just watched Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter (my god it was crappy) and I'm wonder if there are any shows opposite of that?

She waited for her fated lover and chooses him in the end. Are there any that's the opposite? Where the ML is NOT her fated lover, but she chooses him in the end over fated lover?

Can’t think of any kdramas right now but this happens in the western movie Enchanted

jak:
She waited for her fated lover and chooses him in the end. Are there any that's the opposite? Where the ML is NOT her fated lover, but she chooses him in the end over fated lover?

Story of Yanxi Palace may arguably fit that description. Empress Ki and The King's Woman have a similar dynamic (in all three, the SML falls for the FL first and the FL later returns his feelings and their love seems epic / like it could be fated, but then a more powerful king or emperor who has feelings for the FL - whether he realizes it yet or not - separates them and brings the FL under his power; nevertheless the SML remains loyal to the FL and in two of the three she gives birth to his child; but in the end the FL chooses the ML and returns his feelings).

In Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, the FL chooses to leave the palace and her fated lover, the ML, to live out the short remainder of her life with the ML's brother. He loves her, but she does not love him. Unknown to the ML, she gives birth to the ML's child before dying and returning to her own time. The ML's brother raises the child. 

In Lost Love in Times, there is a prophecy that if the ML and FL are together, the kingdom is doomed to experience great turmoil (doomed is sort of the opposite of fated, right?). 

https://mydramalist.com/29133-witch-s-love  - She chooses the ML over her fated lover.

https://mydramalist.com/21720-love-for-a-thousand-more - Somewhat fits the plot. Adding anything more would be a spoiler.

This is old but what happened in Bali: there's no clear lead but the first guy she fell for pushed her away and then she unknowingly fell for the second guy but he pushed her away to protect her, she chose the second lead in the end but there's a plot twist

PerfectMistake:

This is old but what happened in Bali: there's no clear lead but the first guy she fell for pushed her away and then she unknowingly fell for the second guy but he pushed her away to protect her, she chose the second lead in the end but there's a plot twist

I thought she...

chose the first guy despite being with the second guy. She had sex with the second guy one last time and she was gonna go back to the first guy, but the first guy finds them in bed and shoots both of them and then offs himself.

leann123:

I thought she...

chose the first guy despite being with the second guy. She had sex with the second guy one last time and she was gonna go back to the first guy, but the first guy finds them in bed and shoots both of them and then offs himself. 

The second lead asked her to go with her and she chose to leave the first male lead, but yea she was in love with the first male lead. I can't recall if she was going to go back or not

PerfectMistake:

The second lead asked her to go with her and she chose to leave the first male lead, but yea she was in love with the first male lead. I can't recall if she was going to go back or not

Yeah, I think the conversation she was having with the second male lead before the male lead comes in to shoot them implied she was going back to male lead. Too bad she decided to have sex with the second male lead again before she did. The male lead might not have shot them if he hadn't found them in bed.

✔ King In Love
✔ Because it's My First Time

Hi jak.

I don't think that in mama fairy and the woodcutter it was a fated kind love but more so a sacrificial one since he knew if he (kimkim) gives up his immortality he will be forgotten by her and the others. So by the end of the show it was them getting together for real this time around since both of them remember each other from the fairy world.

Love Cheque Charge (Taiwan drama) has the leads mistakenly together (the matchmaker god got drunk and now wants to untangle them). It’s very long and I haven’t actually finished it yet so don’t really know how good it is - I find one of the sub stories extremely irritating but mostly like the rest.

I can only think of the Manga Skip Beat! which fits this description. There is a T-Drama made about it (same name) but I couldn't get past episode 3.

What's wrong with Secretary Kim

Korean Odyssey