I’m new to this community. Hello! I don’t watch dramas for the romance but for the stories (no joke). My little bro is the same way. I’m looking for a drama like RH Plus that has no main female characters (because that always leads to romance) basically shows with mainly male characters, cartoony over dramatic acting (he likes it XD), supernatural elements (powers, ghosts, vampires ect....) and weird stuff like that. He asked if there are any shows like RH Plus. Dude I have no idea so I I made an account and here I am today asking for recommendations.

He has watched shows with female protagonists  before but these are the only ones he actually likes. 

A Werewolf Boy (he’ll watch that over and over) 

Rooftop Prince (he laughed so hard that he cried)

Kill Me Heal Me ( He thinks Shin Se-Gi is a badass. He said he wishes he could be like him. I don’t think that’s a good thing though XD)

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (I had to fast forward a lot because of some of the dialogue and situations but he loves this show the most out of all of them)

But yeah, recommendations  would be greatly appreciated! No heavy romances please. He isn’t into all that. Thanks! 

Ok so I have three questions before I can recommand something.
1. How old is your brother?
2. What types of contents can/not he watch, example fighting scenes, murder, etc
3. What is RH Plus? 

RH Plus is a Japanese drama, right? Some stuff that comes to mind:

• Tamagawa Kuyakusho of the Dead (zombies; hilarious and not scary at all; some surprising pathos)
  • Aoi Honoo (a guy went to art school with an overinflated sense of his ability as a manga artist, found out that one of his classmates was a genius--future Evangelion creator Anno Hideaki, confidence shattered instantly; a comedy drama)
  • Honoo no Tenkousei REBORN (literal fighting manga made into live-action drama; again, it's thoroughly enjoyable and never took itself seriously)
  • Honoo no Tenkousei REBORN +1 this show is so funny and ridiculous that I literally peed myself from laughing so hard
  • Ouran High School Host Club- this is one of those don't take it seriously, everyone is over acting and the plot is nonsense show
  • Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store- weird characters in somewhat ordinary situations, another one I that had me dying of laughter

These have a FL but they are very campy or silly or have supernatural 

• AFTER School Lucky or Not Season 1 
  • My only Love Song 
  •  Water Polo Yankees 
  • My Girlfriend is a Gumiho 
  • Go go Waikiki
  • Let's Fight Ghost 
  • Please Come Back Mister 
  •  Guardian (Chinese)
  • Circle 
  • Fiery Priest 

For over the top acting I highly recommend jdramas also because there are more no romance dramas.

• Ouran High school host club
  • Suikyuu Yankees
  • Tumbling
  • My boss my hero
  • Hidarime tantei eye

Korean:

• The girl who sees smells (same male lead as Rooftop prince)
  • Bring it on ghost
  • The master's Sun
 NightTraveller:

Ok so I have three questions before I can recommand something.
1. How old is your brother?
2. What types of contents can/not he watch, example fighting scenes, murder, etc
3. What is RH Plus? 

I am so sorry XD. I didn’t get notifications on this site so I gave up and never went on it again (until now). 

1) He’s 12 years old 

2) He likes violent stuff of course. He seems to be very interested in the supernatural for some reason.

3) A cheesy vampire show with only dudes. I think that’s why he likes it. 

Stevie70:

These have a FL but they are very campy or silly or have supernatural 

• AFTER School Lucky or Not Season 1 
  • My only Love Song 
  •  Water Polo Yankees 
  • My Girlfriend is a Gumiho 
  • Go go Waikiki
  • Let's Fight Ghost 
  • Please Come Back Mister 
  •  Guardian (Chinese)
  • Circle 
  • Fiery Priest 

Thankyou so much for the recommendation. Yeah he’s seen Go go Waikiki. He liked it at first (I had to fast forward through some bad scenes) XD. When it started getting romantic he quit watching it. I’ll give the other shows a go.

fanitha:

For over the top acting I highly recommend jdramas also because there are more no romance dramas.

• Ouran High school host club
  • Suikyuu Yankees
  • Tumbling
  • My boss my hero
  • Hidarime tantei eye

Korean:

• The girl who sees smells (same male lead as Rooftop prince)
  • Bring it on ghost
  • The master's Sun

Oh I can’t let him watch Ouran High school. Some of my family is super religious and I can only assume it’s like the anime XD.  The Girl Who Sees Smells might not be his thing either (female main protangist right?). I’ll try the others and thankyou so much 

kura2ninja:

RH Plus is a Japanese drama, right? Some stuff that comes to mind:

• Tamagawa Kuyakusho of the Dead (zombies; hilarious and not scary at all; some surprising pathos)
  • Aoi Honoo (a guy went to art school with an overinflated sense of his ability as a manga artist, found out that one of his classmates was a genius--future Evangelion creator Anno Hideaki, confidence shattered instantly; a comedy drama)
  • Honoo no Tenkousei REBORN (literal fighting manga made into live-action drama; again, it's thoroughly enjoyable and never took itself seriously)

He’ll probably go for the first and third one. He does like zombies and anything that involves fighting XD. Thanks for the recommendation.

No worries.
Ok, so here’s my list.
1. Black- There’s very little romance and the story focuses more on the ML than the FL, does contain violence
2. +1 for The Fiery Priest- You’re bro is going to love the ML in this one and he will laugh a lot, does contain violence, so far there's no romance (still an ongoing drama)
3. Untouchable- Male centric, does contain violence, and no romance (there’s a married couple but they don’t act like one)
4. Kingdom- Zombies in a historical setting, no romance
5. If he likes zombies then try watching Train to Busan
6. Terius Behind Me- Spy, action drama, no romance, and extremely funny
7. +1 for Circle- No romance, contains mystery and action

Please do watch clips of the dramas I’ve suggested on Youtube to see whether or not you want your bro to watch these shows. I know that some guardians are strict with what their kids/brother/sister watch, and others are a bit more lenient and will allow them to watch something’s as long as they are present in the room. Also, I would love to know which shows he liked and which ones you decided not to watch. This will give me a rough idea on what to recommend next time. Happy watching :)

The Dark Lord - it has slight romance, but women in this show are very badass, even the supporting ones 

A lot of comedy (from PP jokes to something >actually funny<), a lot of bromance and a bunch of buddies swearing to be brothers forever. It's not a ridiculous show , but a hilarious one - it has quite an interesting plot, pretty visuals, some fighting, some scheming, some 'let's all be friends' themes 

As you may know, most of the dramas or movies are recommended to be watched by those 15+ and over. So please be advised that some of the content may be disturbing to your younger brother. As someone else mentioned, I would suggest briefly checking the dramas/movies before showing it to your brother.

I recommend watching:

Other dramas I would recommend but may not exactly line up with your brother's tastes:

• Life on Mars
    • There is a main female character, but there is minimal romance.
    • The supernatural element is that the protagonist is abruptly taken back in time. It does not deal with ghosts and the like, but perhaps it may interest your brother. There are some fight scenes that your brother may like.
  • Signal
    • Although there is a main female lead, there is no romance.
    • It does dabble a bit in the supernatural as the detectives from different timelines can communicate via walkie-talkie.