I have an Eros Now account and I'm looking for new films to watch. Don't mind if they're in Hindi, Tamil, or another language. I like romances, but I generally don't enjoy ordinary stories about ordinary people and I don't enjoy tragedies. I prefer movies with an epic romance and a non-tragic ending. A great soundtrack is always a bonus.

My favourites so far have been Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Jab We Met, and Jodhaa Akbhar. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Dil Bole Hadippa! were also decent. Even something basic like Bang Bang is fine. Agneepath, Guzaarish, and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, on the other hand, were too tragic for my taste.

Thank you in advance :) !

Bommarillu(Telugu)

A gentleman( Hindi)

MaLe(Kannada)

Shravani Subrahmanya(Kannada)

Googly(Kannada)

Always Kabhi kabhi (hindi)

2 states

Dilwale

I would have suggested Bajirao-Mastani but since you don't like a tragic story I would suggest you 

Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na

Socha Na Tha 

Wake Up Sid

Dum Laga Ke Haisha

Barfi

Bareilly Ki Barfi 

Tanu Weds Manu

Since you are a fan of  Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara I will suggest you to watch Dil Chahta Hai. I know you are looking for light-hearted stories but if you can watch these two movies. They are my personal favourites, Lootera and Tumbin (2001).  

:D Thank you for these recommendations!

Sreya Gupta:
I would have suggested Bajirao-Mastani but since you don't like a tragic story

XD I was just looking at Bajirao-Mastani but it seemed like it might be tragic so I thought I'd ask around for alternative options. Thanks for confirming! 

• Kandukondain Kandukondain (Tamil) - Based off of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I enjoyed the romance in this one a lot! Great music and done well for an older movie.
  • Khoobsurat (Hindi) - Cute romance film about an ordinary girl and a prince. 
  • Om shanti Om (Hindi) - About a love that transcends lifetimes.
  • Lagaan (Hindi) - It may seem like a story about ordinary people but its truly epic. Had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. Has romance and great music!
  • Mohenjo Daro (Hindi) - Haven't seen this one but it is an epic romance film. 

Ye Jawaani Hai Deewani. Awesome movie with equally awesome soundtrack.

Hasee Toh Phasee(Hindi)

Bangalore Days(Malayalam)

Ohm Shanti Oshana(Malayalam)

Chocolate(Malayalam)

Premam(Malayalam)

Ok Kanmani(Tamil)

Nee Thane En Pon Vasantham(Tamil)

Naanum Rowdy Than(Tamil)

Sillunu Oru Kadhal (tamil)

try to find aalu arjun all movies 

dangerous khiladi

s/o stayamurty

race guram

arya ek deewana

:D Guys thank you so much for all of these recommendations!!