Hello :)

I wondered if anyone has recommendations for cantonese dramas. I would like to get exposed to the language more.

I feel many of the shows production quality seems a bit outdated and I would like something with depth and no rom-com.

Ah, this is rough because I find newer HK/TVB dramas to have declined drastically in overall quality. Sure the production quality may be better than the older dramas but the plots are written poorly, cliche and predictable,  or the ending is a complete waste of time. With that said, here are a few series I've finished recently (some are still a few years old though) that I remember enjoying:

The Defected (2019) - This is currently airing and seems like it'd be interesting.
Fist Fight (2018) - A thriller with a lot of bromance and action.
A Fist Within Four Walls (2016) - Possibly the best HK/TVB drama I've seen recently.
Never Dance Alone (2014) - A group of middle-aged friends and their lives.
Line Walker (2014) - Crime, action, and investigation based.

Thank you for the recommendations. I will check them out.

I lived in HK for two years and I was always a bit confused when I saw a recent  running on some TV in a mall, as they seem to be produced way earlier based on the production style. I think it's due the lighting and the studio settings. 

I second all of dramas mentioned by @anteaq (excluding Never Dance Alone as I haven't seen that one) and I also think that nowadays TVB shows are... not so good. Maybe 1 show in 10 is watchable. Not to mention that the most popular/talented actors already moved to Mainland 

https://mydramalist.com/20188-the-exorcists-meter - This one is also worth checking out