I think I lost a good ten pounds from crying this morning after completing Snow Queen. I desperately need a pick-me-up. My repertoire is rather limited, I just started watching K/J dramas a few weeks ago. I am open to any recommendations, I will do my best to summarize what I typically look for: Must: -Strong male lead (I prefer cool / confident MCs, preferably with some kind of talent.) -Strong chemistry between the primary couple. I want my heart to flutter when I feel them connect. I hate when i'm left wondering how the characters got from A to B - when the characters don't mesh well, I have difficulty empathizing. Must not: -Infidelity. I don't mind if one of the primary characters is cheated on by someone, as long as the primary love interests do not cheat on each other. I will drop a show faster than I can close my browser window if they cheat. -Unlikeably naive / spineless MCs, especially the male lead. I don't want to watch a doormat flop around helplessly, I need someone that either has a backbone and some common sense from the beginning, or gains some fairly quickly over the course of the show. Bonus points: -Male lead can fight, protects the girl -Good soundtrack -Attractive leads I don't mind melancholy, but I am currently looking for something that will leave me feeling rewarded. If it's sad, I want it to be able to sweep you up at the last minute (like the anime Kanon 2006.) I don't mind spoilers. I watch shows for the journey - it makes me happy to know that things will work out. I am looking for something where the couple stays together, and preferably a show that doesn't rely too heavily on comedy.
Coffee Prince may be what you're looking for. It always leaves me with a great feeling. Or maybe Secret Garden. Coffee Prince is more of a relaxed pace than Secret Garden. Both have good side stories too. These 2 dramas are really popular for a reason :)
Ok, so, I have A gentleman's Dignity for you as my first recommendation. It's not like your typical romcoms. I love the chemistry between the main leads and the other couples as well. Here there's no: "Guy who protects the girl" tought, since all but one of the girls were capable of watching their own backs. Female power! :) Even if the leads are "old" you'd find yourself falling in lvoe with all of them. I laughed out loud with it too!
Oh! Here is one of my favorite OST songs from this drama:

If you still want a more typical romcom, then watch The greatest love here the main guy is a popular idol :) I liked it n_n
The Vineyard Man, Hana Yori Dango, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Queen In Hyun's Man, Me Too Flower might work, you can check them out. My Little Bride & Kingyo Club the male lead protects girl but the girl can be a bit naive/innocent so...
azndrama wrote: My Little Bride & Kingyo Club the male lead protects girl but the girl can be a bit naive/innocent so...

I think a little naivety or innocence can be adorable in the female lead sometimes. The only time it becomes an issue is when the character becomes almost hollow because they are too naive. It's frustrating watching someone with less emotional reach than a coma patient. A great example of what I felt was too much naivety is Sawako in Kimi ni Todoke (the anime, I have not watched the live version yet) - she was so innocent and naive that it made it almost painful to watch her interact with the other characters.
I recommend Arang and the Magistrate. I actually find myself recommending that drama a lot because it is one of my all time favorites, but I think it has all that you are looking for.
Here are my recommendations. Jdramas : - Hana Yori Dango (a must watch!) - Buzzer Beat - Orange Days - Love Shuffle - Taiyou no Uta Kdramas : - A Gentleman's Dignity - Goong - Reply 1997 - Secret Garden - Shining Inheritance (the female lead is stronger than the male lead though, but it's great) - That Winter The Wind Blows (oh yes!) - The Greatest Love - 9 ends 2 outs Twdramas : - Autumn's Concerto (must watch) - In Time with You
I think you might like this: http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/3985/queen-in-hyuns-man
It fits all your criteria (as far as I remember, because I watched it a long time ago)
I would recommend ~Me too Flower ~ ~ Autumn Concerto ~
..there`s more.. ~ flower boy nextdoor~ ~ CityHunter ~ ~ You`re Beautiful~
I will second Jdrama Orange Days. You can't go wrong with a drama like Orange Days :)