When I was younger, I used to watch this Chinese drama, but there's only one scene I can remember from it. PLEASE help me figure out which Chinese drama this is. It's been racking my brain for years.

In the scene, it was raining (possibly?) and this family was standing right in the gates of their Siheyuan (traditional family home w/ a courtyard in the center). There was a mother that kept trying to push through the family to go pass the gates but they kept pushing back. They wouldn't let her see her child for some reason. Eventually they pushed a little too hard and the mother fell on the ground, hitting her head, and died (?). Her child was standing right there, in between the gates, and saw her die (?).

My memory isn't super clear so I'm not sure about some of the things I recall, but if you could help me figure out what drama this is, it would be super helpful! It's gotta be pretty old because I was either in preschool or elementary when I saw this, so it's probably more than a decade ago.

Also, I'm pretty sure the mother was wearing a qipao and had her hair up in that 20's China perm style. Maybe the scene took place in the 20's? This clue can either bring me further or closer to finding the drama lol. But I'm looking at the explore page of Chinese dramas sorted by release date, and the ones that take place in the 20's are looking familiar to me, so maybe this drama is set in the 20s?