I'm looking for dramas or movies that are about autistic people.

Requirements are that autism would be the main theme of the drama/movie, preferably autistic children, the genius aspect is a bonus. I'm not looking for dramas like Ataru, where his capabilities were used to solve crimes. I'm looking for somewhat a real life plot, for example, how the person lives in his surroundings, how the parents go through hardships while raising autistic children. It doesn't have to be a drama [genre wise], but I'm rather looking for something serious than a comedy [though if there's a good comedy on the topic, let me know, who knows].

Other preference it's that it would be Japanese, but it's only my watching preference, I'll take recommendations from any country.
uhh i haven't really seen anything related to it but Umareru. has some episodes that centers around it and then another drama which is not really about autism but mentally disabled women is Daisuki!!
I know some :) Hikari to Tomo ni. (japanese) Tree of heaven. (korean) Koikyokusei. (japanese) Boku no Aruku Michi. (japanese) Flowers For Algernon. (japanese) Herb. (korean) :)
steciLovesDramas wrote: uhh i haven't really seen anything related to it but Umareru. has some episodes that centers around it and then another drama which is not really about autism but mentally disabled women is Daisuki!!

Daisuki sounds interesting, thank you.

Supermeganerd wrote: I know some :)

Hikari to Tomo ni. (japanese)
Tree of heaven. (korean)
Koikyokusei. (japanese)
Boku no Aruku Michi. (japanese)
Flowers For Algernon. (japanese)
Herb. (korean)
:)

Hikari to Tomo ni and Boku no Aruku Michi sound exactly what I need. Thank you.
So I haven't seen any of these so I can't tell if they match exactly what you want, but when you asked I remember reading about them so here you go:

Marathon (K-version), Marathon (J-version), The Things You Taught Me, Hikari to Tomo ni.

This last one seems to be what you are looking for exactly but again, I haven't seen it.

I hope you can find what you are looking for. Good luck. =D
Korean Drama Good Doctor!
I have not seen any Jdramas with autistic characters, but the brother in Shining Inheritance (Kdrama) is autistic.
I recommend "Good Doctor" too. It's more about how the person lives in his surroundings (the way he manages to stay in a hospital because his dream is to become a doctor), how people react to his presence and how he changes the lifes of those around him, as he changes too. I love it :)
I second Good Doctor! The autistic person was once a child, but through the endearing love of this man, he grew up to learn to adapt to his surroundings. He still did have trouble when he grew up, but with the help of his friends and colleagues, he managed to overcome his disability. Strongly recommend this...I'm sure you'll love it!
Korean drama Good Doctor and Decoded. All though the synopsis looks bad, trust me, they are worth seeing. Their acting is exactly of that of an autistic person. I know this because I have a friend who is autistic, I see my friend in the actors playing to be Autistic. Actually because their acting is so good, you'll believe they actually are autistic. I recommend Good Doctor and Decoded.