Hi!

I have finished my first Taiwanese drama called Behind Your Smile and it was pretty good. I searched a little here on MDL and I found that Taiwanese dramas here don't have that high ratings and I find it a little strange. What's your opinion? Are Taiwanese dramas as good as Chinese or Korean dramas?

I became interested so pls recommend me some worth watching Taiwanese dramas that you liked. Thanks in advance!

Taiwanese dramas usually aren't as high quality or with as big budget as korean or chinese dramas...compared to korean and chinese dramas, taiwanese one's looks a bit outdated. Also, might just be me, but I find the newer taiwanese dramas so uninteresting. I find the older taiwanese dramas more to my taste, my personal favorite is MARS from 2004, if you love romance then I definitely recommend it :) it's a bit heavy an dark (NOT a romcom) but oh so deep and touching, the chemistry between the 2 leads is AMAZING and their love is so beautiful. Lots of passion so there are many real, passionate kisses:) It's a healing drama you could say, about 2 broken people who come to find comfort and love in each other. I don't think you can see it in HD quality anywhere (but I could be wrong), what it lacks in budget it makes up for the intense, deep storyline :) I also love the OST "Ling" by Alan Kuo, so memorable! 

There is a popular new  taiwanese drama (it  just finished) called Before We Get Married, I haven't seen it but a lot of people likes it :)

The first dramas I saw were Taiwanese and even if they are not the ones I gave the highest rating they were not bad at all as already said I think it depends a lot on the quality and on the budget that seems to be more consistent in Korean dramas and even in Chinese ones. Personally my preference depends on the genre,when it comes to the thriller or action genre I prefer Korean dramas but when it comes to the historical genre I prefer Chinese dramas. 

Here are some Taiwanese dramas I've seen and enjoyed ( sorry they are a little older):

-It Started with a Kiss  

-Channel- X

- That loves come

- Devil beside you

- Bull fighting

-Drunken to love you

- Why why love

- Love contract

emaureeng:

Love, Timeless - 30-ish man who is something of a jerk gets together with several old college friends back at their former rooftop hangout on campus. His former crush has called the reunion. Her life has gone badly, and unexpectedly she announces her intent to kill herself. As she jumps, his life rewinds 10 years so he is back living with his parents, attending classes he graduated long ago, and his friends are all still looking forward to life.

Although I didn't expect to tolerate the ML at the start, he definitely grew on me once he had his second chance. 

Thank you, this drama looks super interesting !

Shadow:

The first dramas I saw were Taiwanese and even if they are not the ones I gave the highest rating they were not bad at all as already said I think it depends a lot on the quality and on the budget that seems to be more consistent in Korean dramas and even in Chinese ones. Personally my preference depends on the genre,when it comes to the thriller or action genre I prefer Korean dramas but when it comes to the historical genre I prefer Chinese dramas. 

Here are some Taiwanese dramas I've seen and enjoyed ( sorry they are a little older):

-It Started with a Kiss  

-Channel- X

- That loves come

- Devil beside you

- Bull fighting

-Drunken to love you

- Why why love

- Love contract

Thank you 

love now 

autumn concerto

bromance

the masked lovers

Most of the Taiwanese dramas I've seen were so heavy on cheese that they were a little hard to watch tbh. They've made some really good movies though. I definitely recommend Our Times and You Are the Apple of My Eye

Also, despite how over the top they can be, there are some great Taiwanese classics I feel like everyone needs to see.

The problem with T drama is too many side characters just to cheer for the FL without any f story like clowns 

Other than that i prefer it more than kdrama romance wise but not comedy wise: T drama humor is cringy af

Oh and almost no  good looking FL

But i don't mind the low quality or even the plot if the chemistry is good.

Taiwanese idol dramas was all I watched when I was younger, like in the early and mid 2000s, only watching a few Korean dramas. They were dramatic and exaggerated which kept my attention even if I didn't like rom-coms. But I haven't watch them consistently as I do with Korean and Chinese dramas now. It wasn't until some week ago did I marathon a Taiwanese drama called The World Between Us. There's no romance, but it's about mental illness and overcoming trauma. It was pretty good. 

My favorite Taiwanese drama is Autumn Concerto. It's a better drama than most Taiwanese dramas, I guess. The characters also had weight in them. 

Some other dramas that I somewhat enjoyed:

In a Good Way 

Hi My Sweetheart

Black & White

Fated to Love You

• marry me or not - won a bunch of awards and is well done/high quality
  • attention love! -  is another that came out last year.   high school to college romance with good OST

Ditto on these older ones:

• Autumn Concerto
  • MARS
  • Devil Beside You

I dont watch a lot of Taiwanese, but have watched a couple handfuls enough to know what I like and dont like.   

Yes as good as Chinese and Korean And you do not rely on opinions there are sometimes incorrect opinions I don't rely on opinions too much And if you are counting on opinions, watch one episode of the series If you don't like leave it 

I Hope you like it >

These are some of the wonderful series :

Lion pride 

Meet me @1006

Love timeless

I can't wait to watch this DRAMA 

Before we get married 

+1 Autumn Concerto

+1 Lion Pride

+1 Attention Love!

Just You

Someone Like You

Hello, Again

Befriend

Thank you everybody for your recs ❤! I really appreciate it!

TBH it's not better than kdrama but some of them are better than k-drama. First drama that I watched is devil beside you. I liked it. Main problem to hate Thai drama must be the side characters. They overact without any reason and sometimes they are really annoying. My most favorite is Kluen cheewit... TBH it's better than many kdramas.. The chemistry between the mc's is really great... And you shouldn't miss it. Also the U Prince Series and boy for rent are worth watching.. Just watch it for a time pass...