Hello! I'm looking for shows/movies about people (not related by blood) who either pretend to be family or decide to form a 'real' family.

What I'm NOT looking for:

- cohabitation or a bunch of roommates/friends hanging out together

- contract marriage (unless they do it to adopt a child or get benefits to take care for their family members or something similar. 

What I'm looking for: 'true family doesn't need blood ties', for example:

- a group of people pretending to be family (siblings or parents and children, not two people pretending to be married) while going undercover, to avoid loan sharks or for any other reason a group of unrelated people might have. They have to end up behaving like a real family and genuinely loving (with familial love) each other or at least becoming best friends. 

- any kind of assumed/stolen identity/bodyswap/time travel/misunderstanding scenario where someone ends up taking care of family of person identity they assumed - for example Wonderful Nightmare where a woman gets temporarily reincarnated in a housewife's body and has to take care of two kids and husband that are not hers. Same thing with Miracle that we met.

In To be a better man ML starts taking care of his dead best friend's daughter and mother (who has dementia and thinks he's her son). They end up developing a bond like real 3-Generation Family

- a group of people who naturally form a family due to some circumstances i.e they are poor and decide to live together and end up bonding like real siblings. 

- I'm sure there are many scenarios I forgot to mention so anything else is acceptable as long as it's not something I mentioned in 'not looking for' section. I don't mind absolute BS plotlines where, let's say, an alien comes to earth and gets adopted by an elderly merperson couple because #reasons.

+ Happy ending preferred but not needed.

+ Both dramas and movies are ok

Any help appreciated, thank you! o7

Bad Family (2006)
The Great Show
Stars Falling From the Sky
Two Fathers
Three Dads One Mom (they don't know who the sperm donor is so they all raise the baby together)
3 Papas (similar scenario as ^, but I have not seen this)
Mr. Merman (three mermen pretending to be brothers)

Possibly:
She is Wow (the whole perfect family thing is all a facade)

Japanese film but award winning and fits your request incredibly well is Shoplifters (https://mydramalist.com/28164-shoplifters). It's found-family based on some less-then stellar circumstances. I highly recommend it!

Please Come Back Mister ( body possession) 

Oh My Geum Bi 

Tale of Nokdu (ML)

Shoplifters 

Mother 

Werewolf Boy 

Great Show (ML not related) 

Pinocchio (ML not related)

30 But 17 (FL not related) 

Father Is Strange (father takes in best friends son and takes his identity) 

You Are the Best (FL not related) 

Smile Has Left Your Eyes (FL raised by non family member) 

Moorim School (2 leads raised by family friends..ML and FL) 

Bara No Nai Hanaya - the meaning and definition what constitutes "family" is central to several of the key relationships in this outstanding Drama.

Definitely check out:

•  Bad Family - a little girl gets into an accident, losing her family and memory. Her uncle hires a group of people to recreate her 'family', in the hope that the familiar surrounding will help regain her memory. ML and FL pretends to be the little girls mom and dad
  • Pinocchio - ML pretends to be the grandpa's son that was lost at sea. The grandpa's has said to be deterioted mentally due to age and loss of son. Thus he also becomes the FL's 'fake uncle' 
  • Golden Rainbow - FL is one of the 7 orphans who gets 'fostered' by their dad and they become a family
  • Cinderella sister - like the Cinderella story, the plot has marriage between the parents, so the FL is the step daughter
  • Engine - Foster kids in ML's house
  • Also, maybe
    • Zenkai Girl - ML takes care of exGFs son
    • Stepmother and Daughter blues - not really fake cause they are step mom and daughter
    • Oh my geumbi - girl goes in search for her family and comes upon a guy who she thinks is her father
    • Neung Nai Suang - FL is fostered by relatives and treats her great
    • Life is Beautiful (2010) - step family

One of THE absolute best fake family movies I've ever seen is DHEEPAN. 

It's originally a french film but features South Asian protagonists. It won the main prise - Palm d'Or - at Canne in 2015, and it is very well deserved! Definitely one of the best films I've seen this decade.

The mention of a Tamizh-language film featuring the Sri Lankan civil war reminded me of one of my favourite movies, featuring my first ever bias, the talented and lovely Nandita Das

Kannathil Muthamittal 

stunning performances, and great music from ARR Rahman writing music for his mother tongue.

I would add an aside that "fake" family seems a bit harsh for many of the recommendations here. They may not be tradtional biological familes, but in many of the recommendations here, the whole point is that the familes in question are actually more real than the many created by  accidents of biology.

I would suggest Kiseki no Hito and maybe Ashita no kita Yoshio or anone. All Japanese. The first one is really heartwarming and has outstanding acting by some cast, the little girl ahead!

The Bride of Rip Van Winkle - the lead hires some people to pretend they are her family

Can you hear my heart (this happens after the leads grow up so you'll have to wait after the first episodes to see it)